Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Colorado Banning Shotguns?

Now you got me there, but according to the article, 2nd page, the guns won't be banned.

edit - I forgot - I also read an article where this doesn't affect all shotguns... I will try to dig it up.

The press had him convicted but the jury said otherwise :p But I don't put a lot of faith in what the press says. They don't know the difference between a shotgun and a rifle, but then again half the guys here didn't either when they were circulating the press "cover up" of the CT shooting where the feds were unloading the "assault rifle" that turned out to be a shotgun :D

I went and found the bill and I tend to believe this is a case of unintended consequences not an actual attempt to steal our guns. Then again I don't believe Obama is going to declare Marshall law so I'm naive by some accounts here. I wonder if other laws (like New York's) also inadvertently ban these things? California banned the mousetrap some say when they banned trapping. Somehow the extreme predictions never come to fruition and I expect this will be the case here, especially since the law doesn't "ban" them to begin with.

Funny, I lived in SoCal during that trial(and I owned a off white Bronco at the time). Funny what you read in print these days. I sat on a very high profile murder trial in San Diego and had my wife save the newspaper articles during the trial. Being that I was the jury foreman I had lots of interaction with the judge during deliberations. Newspapers reported these interactions, not one of them correctly. 60 Min or 20/20 wanted to do one of their who dun it specials after the trial. Collectively the jurors told them unless they wanted to pay they could pound sand, so I never graced the TV screen.

I take newspaper articles with a grain of salt these days.

BTW, Bloomberg had a lobbyist at all of these committee hearings. Oh and by chance, Joe Biden was in CO on a "ski vacation" a few weeks ago.

Coincidence, I think not...

Funny, I lived in SoCal during that trial(and I owned a off white Bronco at the time). Funny what you read in print these days. I sat on a very high profile murder trial in San Diego and had my wife save the newspaper articles during the trial. Being that I was the jury foreman I had lots of interaction with the judge during deliberations. Newspapers reported these interactions, not one of them correctly. 60 Min or 20/20 wanted to do one of their who dun it specials after the trial. Collectively the jurors told them unless they wanted to pay they could pound sand, so I never graced the TV screen.

I take newspaper articles with a grain of salt these days.

BTW, Bloomberg had a lobbyist at all of these committee hearings. Oh and by chance, Joe Biden was in CO on a "ski vacation" a few weeks ago.

Coincidence, I think not...

Zach, it's no secret that Colorado is the poster 'state' for Skeeter and his gang.

Sir..with all due respect...there was nothing inadvertently passed in NY newest gun laws. This is not a gun friendly state to begin with.They do not take the time and think anything through ...ever. They just rush to get it passed. When they went and banned any magazine that holds more than 7 rounds...did they bother to take into consideration that the NYC police force has service issued guns which hold more than 7 rounds.Aaaaaa nope so now technically all 32,000 police officers are breaking our Grand Poobah's law. They are in the process I believe of amending it but dont you think the powers to be would have thought about that from the get go.He wanted to be the first to pass some kind of legislation right after the Conn. tradgety because I believe he is making his bid to be president in 2016....hope Im wrong......:cool:

I think you give the legislators too much credit if you think they planned this from the start. The legislature works like this: 1) A bunch of people who spend their time learning everything they know from idiots with blogs elect candidates who don't know crap about law, but often have great teeth and hair. 2) Great teeth/hair folks write bills but don't know enough about squat to understand total consequences. 3) The bills get scrutinized by people with agendas who predict the end of the world and find a way to bring Hitler into the conversation. 4) If there is anything that would actually end the world those things get amended out.

Nope, I do not believe they intended to ban the sale of pump shotguns from the start but we'll see.

I do not believe for a second there are any "unintended consequences " with these people. Contrary to popular belief, their true agendas of banning all firearms is coming to light.

Sorry I couldn't get back to you RobG, I've been working on something. (I couldn't find my tape)

src_1327575616607.jpg

The crapola cloud over Denver covered ~10 square miles 10 years ago, over Denver. It now sits all along the front range and stretches over Longmont. Thanks drilling, fracking and lack of emsissions for 7 years. (looks like China)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbonser94
Back