Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Colorado Banning Shotguns?

america_zpsea900aef.jpg

You can smoke weed in Colorado but cant buy a shotgun.....Hmmmmm...and when Cuomo went psycho everyone said NY er's better hide their guns.....seems like we have a new front runner.....:cool:

If the bill passes, Magpul is going to close their doors and leave. The best impact will continue to be when these companies leave, taking their jobs with them.

You can smoke weed in Colorado but cant buy a shotgun.....Hmmmmm...and when Cuomo went psycho everyone said NY er's better hide their guns.....seems like we have a new front runner.....:cool:

Yankee, that is true and funny, but, Cuomo is still # 1 we all know that. :)

If the bill passes, Magpul is going to close their doors and leave. The best impact will continue to be when these companies leave, taking their jobs with them.

I and every "red neck" Hoosier would welcome them here with open arms that a guarantee!! lol.:D

Did you read the bill?
Now you got me there, but according to the article, 2nd page, the guns won't be banned.

edit - I forgot - I also read an article where this doesn't affect all shotguns... I will try to dig it up.

Last edited:
Yankee, that is true and funny, but, Cuomo is still # 1 we all know that. :)
Not sure about that...in New York...Weed...Illegal.....Colorado....Legal.....Strike one....In New York...shotguns( for now) legal....Colorado......Hmmmmmm not doin so good on that one either.....Im in no way saying NY is gun friendly but we are not alone.....:cool:

Not sure about that...in New York...Weed...Illegal.....Colorado....Legal.....Strike one....In New York...shotguns( for now) legal....Colorado......Hmmmmmm not doin so good on that one either.....Im in no way saying NY is gun friendly but we are not alone.....:cool:

You forgot the dangerously large soft drinks... :rolleyes: ;)

True! it may be a toss up right now, but, give your boy some time. . .he hates being overshadowed! I agree the crazies are everywhere for sure.:)

True! it may be a toss up right now, but, give your boy some time. . .he hates being overshadowed! I agree the crazies are everywhere for sure.:)
I hope I'm wrong but Ill bet that was the start of his Presidential run in 2016. Lets all hope and pray its not.......if so we all may be.....:hump:.....:cool:

Now you got me there, but according to the article, 2nd page, the guns won't be banned.

edit - I forgot - I also read an article where this doesn't affect all shotguns... I will try to dig it up.

According to the newspapers OJ was innocent...:D

According to the newspapers OJ was innocent...:D
The press had him convicted but the jury said otherwise :p But I don't put a lot of faith in what the press says. They don't know the difference between a shotgun and a rifle, but then again half the guys here didn't either when they were circulating the press "cover up" of the CT shooting where the feds were unloading the "assault rifle" that turned out to be a shotgun :D

I went and found the bill and I tend to believe this is a case of unintended consequences not an actual attempt to steal our guns. Then again I don't believe Obama is going to declare Marshall law so I'm naive by some accounts here. I wonder if other laws (like New York's) also inadvertently ban these things? California banned the mousetrap some say when they banned trapping. Somehow the extreme predictions never come to fruition and I expect this will be the case here, especially since the law doesn't "ban" them to begin with.

I went and found the bill and I tend to believe this is a case of unintended consequences not an actual attempt to steal our guns.............. Somehow the extreme predictions never come to fruition and I expect this will be the case here, especially since the law doesn't "ban" them to begin with.

RobG, I could not disagree more. The anti-gun people who are writing up these laws are not stupid, contrary to what we would like to believe. To think this was an "unintended consequence" is very naive in my opinion. I do believe that the bill will be amended but the fact that the provision was in the bill to start with shows where Colorado lawmakers stand on ALL guns. If the current version of the bill passed do you think Hickenlooper wouldnt sign it? At least I now have a good excuse to tell my wife that I need to buy another shotgun.

You need a new dictionary! (yes I know current owners would be grandfathered)

ban verb \ˈban\
banned ban·ning
Definition of BAN
: to prohibit especially by legal means <ban discrimination>; also : to prohibit the use, performance, or distribution of <ban a book> <ban a pesticide>

RobG, I could not disagree more. The anti-gun people who are writing up these laws are not stupid, contrary to what we would like to believe. To think this was an "unintended consequence" is very naive in my opinion. I do believe that the bill will be amended but the fact that the provision was in the bill to start with shows where Colorado lawmakers stand on ALL guns. If the current version of the bill passed do you think Hickenlooper wouldnt sign it? At least I now have a good excuse to tell my wife that I need to buy another shotgun.

You need a new dictionary! (yes I know current owners would be grandfathered)

ban verb \ˈban\
banned ban·ning
Definition of BAN
: to prohibit especially by legal means <ban discrimination>; also : to prohibit the use, performance, or distribution of <ban a book> <ban a pesticide>
Not sure what to say. Got a lot of friends who think marshall law is coming. Same guys been predicting it for years.... nice guys, otherwise level headed so I'm sure you are too.

The press had him convicted but the jury said otherwise :p But I don't put a lot of faith in what the press says. They don't know the difference between a shotgun and a rifle, but then again half the guys here didn't either when they were circulating the press "cover up" of the CT shooting where the feds were unloading the "assault rifle" that turned out to be a shotgun :D

I went and found the bill and I tend to believe this is a case of unintended consequences not an actual attempt to steal our guns. Then again I don't believe Obama is going to declare Marshall law so I'm naive by some accounts here. I wonder if other laws (like New York's) also inadvertently ban these things? California banned the mousetrap some say when they banned trapping. Somehow the extreme predictions never come to fruition and I expect this will be the case here, especially since the law doesn't "ban" them to begin with.
Sir..with all due respect...there was nothing inadvertently passed in NY newest gun laws. This is not a gun friendly state to begin with.They do not take the time and think anything through ...ever. They just rush to get it passed. When they went and banned any magazine that holds more than 7 rounds...did they bother to take into consideration that the NYC police force has service issued guns which hold more than 7 rounds.Aaaaaa nope so now technically all 32,000 police officers are breaking our Grand Poobah's law. They are in the process I believe of amending it but dont you think the powers to be would have thought about that from the get go.He wanted to be the first to pass some kind of legislation right after the Conn. tradgety because I believe he is making his bid to be president in 2016....hope Im wrong......:cool:

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back