Colorado Assault Weapons Ban Submitted

Colorado state politics is on a pretty clear trajectory. If you paid attention to statements from some of the legislative leaders, who wield a supermajority, they believe most Coloradans should even be allowed to own firearms.

I never said anything about shooting cops... It's clear to say you missed the point.

My wife is a cop and so are several family members. I would never suggest that. That being said, I also don't know any cops that would enforce something like this.

The point I'm making is that the government won't stop taking rights away until there's resistance to their stupid rules.
The point is that "the government" isn't some nefarious faceless force that will descend on you, "the government" is your friends, neighbors, and family members.

Advocating for violence is ridiculous.

We live in a democracy, participate.

As @Jim Anderson state gun owners have done a pretty crappy job at providing actual solutions and then working to get them implemented, that's the problem.

I read the bill last night, has anybody else? It's about what I thought it would be, and clearly identifies all the scary-looking physical characteristics that trigger typical liberal gun bans. Outside of 'assault weapons' that look like ARs, you can also expect to get hassled about any pistol with a threaded barrel and your turkey hunting shotgun with the pistol grip.

The point is that "the government" isn't some nefarious faceless force that will descend on you, "the government" is your friends, neighbors, and family members.

As @Jim Anderson state gun owners have done a pretty crappy job at providing actual solutions and then working to get them implemented, that's the problem.
2A was designed to advocate violence against a tyrannical govt. Or at least the threat of violence. It wasn't put in place for shooting wabbits.

I guess I'll quote myself again. Maybe you missed the point of what I said.

The point I'm making is that the government won't stop taking rights away until there's resistance to their stupid rules.
Career politicians are not my friends. I participate, but it doesn't change anything. It doesn't matter if 75% of people want to ban ARs. Once they start taking away amendments, it's not going to get any better.

I'm not promoting violence, I'm promoting the resistance of government bullshit.

Look at Mexico. They have extremely strict gun laws and 2 places in the entire country that sell guns. They have more gun deaths than the US.

While I agree advocating for violence is not smart.

I think the idea that the government is just your friends, neighbors and family members, is somewhat disingenuous. Ultimately they are people doing a job, and the lines get fuzzy when the time comes to take orders and keep your job or do what’s right. The fact that the government is made up of people alone suggests that the possibility exists it could be nefarious, people are often nefarious. There are too many examples to list, but certainly Randy weavers wife and 14 y/o boy didn’t get a neighborly welcome from the good folks at the 3 letter agency.

The problem with the idea of democracy as it pertains to gun rights, in many states we are sheep voting with wolves on what’s for dinner. Good luck with that! Especially up against the well organized , well funded narrative driven by the media. The only thing protecting gun rights in many states is the courts and Constitution. That’s where the war is being fought and the only place we seem to win battles.

While I agree advocating for violence is not smart.

I think the idea that the government is just your friends, neighbors and family members, is somewhat disingenuous. Ultimately they are people doing a job, and the lines get fuzzy when the time comes to take orders and keep your job or do what’s right. The fact that the government is made up of people alone suggests that the possibility exists it could be nefarious, people are often nefarious. There are too many examples to list, but certainly Randy weavers wife and 14 y/o boy didn’t get a neighborly welcome from the good folks at the 3 letter agency.

The problem with the idea of democracy as it pertains to gun rights, in many states we are sheep voting with wolves on what’s for dinner. Good luck with that! Especially up against the well organized , well funded narrative driven by the media. The only thing protecting gun rights in many states is the courts and Constitution. That’s where the war is being fought and the only place we seem to win battles.
Pretty sure the ATF/FBI don’t enforce state laws. If Colorado comes for dsnow9 guns it will be his local sheriff.

Personally, I know my old sheriff in CO, and a bunch of the deputies because we went to school together. Sheriff wrote me a reference to get my CC here. I’m not letting Fox News get me all wound up to the point that I start killing my friends YMMV.

2A was designed to advocate violence against a tyrannical govt. Or at least the threat of violence. It wasn't put in place for shooting wabbits.
Was added so that states would be able to defend themselves from a tyrannical federal government, but yes zero to do with hunting.

Pretty sure the ATF/FBI don’t enforce state laws. If Colorado comes for dsnow9 guns it will be his local sheriff.

Personally, I know my old sheriff in CO, and a bunch of the deputies because we went to school together. Sheriff wrote me a reference to get my CC here. I’m not letting Fox News get me all wound up to the point that I start killing my friends YMMV.

That’s great for you, in that county, but think of the flip side of the coin. You literally just pointed out the problem. What If you’re the person that lives in the county with the sheriff from the other side of the issue.

I guess I'll quote myself again. Maybe you missed the point of what I said.

Career politicians are not my friends. I participate, but it doesn't change anything. It doesn't matter if 75% of people want to ban ARs. Once they start taking away amendments, it's not going to get any better.

I'm not promoting violence, I'm promoting the resistance of government bullshit.

Look at Mexico. They have extremely strict gun laws and 2 places in the entire country that sell guns. They have more gun deaths than the US.
If 67% of Congress wants to repeal the second amendment then it can be repealed just like the 18th amendment.

That’s great for you, in that county, but think of the flip side of the coin. You literally just pointed out the problem.
The problem is that folks are saying shootings are a huge problem and gun owners are saying “well I don’t know the solution is but it’s not guns, also I’m going to vote against all your solutions”
and then we act surprised when new bans and laws are proposed.

Maybe being anti big government ie against healthcare spending isn’t a great idea if you don’t think guns are the problem.

The problem is that folks are saying shootings are a huge problem and gun owners are saying “well I don’t know the solution is but it’s not guns, also I’m going to vote against all your solutions”
and then we act surprised when new bans and laws are proposed.

Maybe being anti big government ie against healthcare spending isn’t a great idea if you don’t think guns are the problem.
Maybe the solutions aren’t in the problems, they are in the causes.

Exactly…

Seems like the same folks who are saying it’s not a gun problem it’s a mental health problem are also saying that we spend too much on healthcare and need to trim the budget.
Healthcare is a loaded term. I’m suggesting rather than treat mental people, we make sure people aren’t mental.

Healthcare is a loaded term. I’m suggesting rather than treat mental people, we make sure people aren’t mental.
🙄 Whatever man you get what pay for, and in this case its more gun laws.

To be clear I think the 2A means we should be able to own AR- et al and I support keeping the amendment as I think it’s an important part of our democracy.

I’m simply calling out behavior and rhetoric that I think is detrimental to maintaining that right.

🙄 Whatever man you get what pay for, and in this case its more gun laws.

To be clear I think the 2A means we should be able to own AR- et al and I support keeping the amendment as I think it’s an important part of our democracy.

I’m simply calling out behavior and rhetoric that I think is detrimental to maintaining that right.
Sorry if I don’t have a lot of faith in the system, I just think all too often we treat our diseases with pills and profits rather than cures.

I mean in one post you say the government is just your friends, and trust democracy, and they wouldn’t act nefarious. Then go on to say ahh it’s all good, I know the sheriff, he’s not gonna enforce the law passed by the legislature aka “democracy”.

It’s honestly hilarious whenever anyone suggests you might not trust the government at full face value as advertised, that you immediately get labeled some right wing nutjob, Fox News watching, etc etc.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back