Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Colorado Assault Weapons Ban Submitted

Dsnow9

Maybe one of you bill savvy people can pull up the actual bill that was submitted but here is a video covering the the general idea of it.

There is also a link to petition through RMGO.

“Bloomberg’s anti-gun lobby has called on the State Legislature to take up a so-called “Assault Weapons” ban…”

Insofar as I can tell from the CO General Assembly’s website, there hasn’t actually been a statewide bill proposed.

I’d be weary of entering an email address into one of those mass aggregator petition websites unless you want to start getting a ton of spam.

“Bloomberg’s anti-gun lobby has called on the State Legislature to take up a so-called “Assault Weapons” ban…”

Insofar as I can tell from the CO General Assembly’s website, there hasn’t actually been a statewide bill proposed.

I’d be weary of entering an email address into one of those mass aggregator petition websites unless you want to start getting a ton of spam.
Here is the GA Status sheet - nothing there unless maybe it’s hidden in the ‘Name Badge for former member of the general assembly’ bill : https://leg.colorado.gov/sites/default/files/2023_House_Status_Sheet.pdf

Thanks, yeah, like I said I’m not positive of the specifics but got it from two or three different places so thought I would post it here. Someone on here knows way more than I do

Link to tweet with draft bill below. Hopefully ok? RMGO is not high on my list. Neither are these bills.

Was going to say, I wouldn’t be surprised if one was introduced. Looks like it’s in motion.

I don’t consider that to be an especially well-written bill. Will be curious to see if it has teeth or if it’s just being submitted to pander to the “guns are bad” constituents to be able to say they tried to “be strong on gun violence” or whatever.

Best get them barrels threaded ASAP, folks!

This is the price us “Assault Weapon” owners will pay for a couple decades of the cold-dead-hands crowd pretending that doing absolutely nothing but screaming about the 2A was the correct solution to what the majority of the population would see as a “gun problem”.

Banning assault Weapons will do absolutely nothing to stop shootings, but what other solution have been presented? The GOP has spent 20 years refusing to get in front of this, so the anti’s are winning.

If you think a bunch of dead kids is the cost of doing business to be an American, then you’re part of the problem. There are a ton of things that could have been done, and been seen as acts of good faith, but instead everyone just split into pro-gun and anti-gun.

You had to be delusional to not see the writing in the wall. Now before you get your panties all wadded up, re-read this and decide if your reactions are to what I actually said, or what you’re afraid I said.

This is the price us “Assault Weapon” owners will pay for a couple decades of the cold-dead-hands crowd pretending that doing absolutely nothing but screaming about the 2A was the correct solution to what the majority of the population would see as a “gun problem”.

Banning assault Weapons will do absolutely nothing to stop shootings, but what other solution have been presented? The GOP has spent 20 years refusing to get in front of this, so the anti’s are winning.

If you think a bunch of dead kids is the cost of doing business to be an American, then you’re part of the problem. There are a ton of things that could have been done, and been seen as acts of good faith, but instead everyone just split into pro-gun and anti-gun.

You had to be delusional to not see the writing in the wall. Now before you get your panties all wadded up, re-read this and decide if your reactions are to what I actually said, or what you’re afraid I said.
What about panties? I don’t understand how panties come into this?
1673315043748.gif

Emailed the congress critters here. They are dems they will vote in favor of this but I had to try. If it passes hopefully Supreme Court gives them a big spanking.

I had to read your post multiple times for it to really hit home ...You are 100% correct. I'm a die hard 2A guy and I've never thought about it the way you wrote it.

Funding mental health care for a big one...that nobody seems to take seriously or care about.
They are doing that too. Now in the state of Colorado you can take up to 12 weeks for mental health. Like maternity leave. Employee and employer have to contribute and it is similar to a workman’s comp claim. Employer has to hold your job for 12 weeks. Still very new and trying to figure it all out from a business owner standpoint

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back