PEAX Equipment

Colorado Assault Weapons Ban Submitted

Perilous is a good word. Funny to think that the Founders, who were recently successful in an armed rebellion from a tyrant, started a new form for government that, let's be honest, they had little faith would survive long, and included a right in the founding document that would make it easier to overthrow the government. It makes some warm and fuzzy to think it was there to only protect against a future tyrannical government, and simply ignoring that it could be used to overthrown the very democracy being created.

If we could ask them today, they would probably say "The jokes on you. We were all drunk."
I believe the 2nd Amendment was a result of the States Rights contingent, who were concerned that the Colonies could be exchanging a know totalitarian government for a federal government that, if it became too strong, would become a future totalitarian government.

I believe the 2nd Amendment was a result of the States Rights contingent, who were concerned that the Colonies could be exchanging a know totalitarian government for a federal government that, if it became too strong, would become a future totalitarian government.
Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night. Nothing has curtailed the size of the federal government, which has various armed forces groups numbering like 1.5m people and weapons that can level cities in a microsecond. So, yeah, the answer is the ability to form a militia. 🤷‍♂️

Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night. Nothing has curtailed the size of the federal government, which has various armed forces groups numbering like 1.5m people and weapons that can level cities in a microsecond. So, yeah, the answer is the ability to form a militia. 🤷‍♂️
Would have had deeper meaning if you started your statement with "Hey Bro, whatever...."

Perilous is a good word. Funny to think that the Founders, who were recently successful in an armed rebellion from a tyrant, started a new form for government that, let's be honest, they had little faith would survive long, and included a right in the founding document that would make it easier to overthrow the government. It makes some warm and fuzzy to think it was there to only protect against a future tyrannical government, and simply ignoring that it could be used to overthrown the very democracy being created.

If we could ask them today, they would probably say "The jokes on you. We were all drunk."
Man, those guys could drink!

Well, I have my 10 posts as a new member and it looks as if this Forum has degenerated into the trolls trolling the trolls.

Welcome to Hunttalk!
Thank you!
If the Draft [Colorado] Mass Shooting Prevention Act of 2023 wasn't just a probe to see reactions and actually gets introduced then, according to the rules, I should now be able to start a new Forum on the submitted Bill.

Well, I have my 10 posts as a new member and it looks as if this Forum has degenerated into the trolls trolling the trolls.
Ah you are experiencing the @BisonGuy 5th page? Theorem.

Basically after the first couple pages all threads go to hell.

I bet when the bill is introduced and we actually have something to talk about it will circle back.

Ah you are experiencing the @BisonGuy 5th page? Theorem.

Basically after the first couple pages all threads go to hell.

I bet when the bill is introduced and we actually have something to talk about it will circle back.
I would prefer to start a new forum where the first post is the actual Bill submitted so that it could be more focused on the Colorado members plus helpful suggestions and/or comments from around the country. One of my "Rules of Solutions" is "The truth is never know while the paper is blank!"

Regards the @BisonGuy Theorum, NO, NOT QUITE!, as long as there is a possibility of new information, there is also the possibility to learn and adjust (another Rule of Solutions: "Try it, Fix it, DO IT!"). My last statement just indicated that I believe the possibility of new information seems to have ended!

Last edited:
I may have found a legal minefield in the [Colorado] DRAFT Mass Shooting Prevention Act of 2023 (BobbyBill attachment in Post 286). Page 11, 18-12-604, paragraph (2) (a), and then (3) (a).

Under Colorado Law18-12-112 Private firearms transfers – background check required - penalty – definitions: paragraph (6) The provisions of this section do not apply to: (b): A transfer that is a bona fide gift or loan between immediate family members, which are limited to spouses, parents, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, first cousins, aunts, and uncles.

So, if you wish to allow access to any of these people, there is no requirement to do a background check and there is no receipt and/or background check information paperwork. For other people, ie: my son-in-law, I also don’t have a vehicle to allow access/possession, without a sale, so I’m thinking of him/them also. However, under the DRAFT Bill, if a person is found to have an “Assault Weapon” in their possession, they have to produce “proof of ownership” or the weapon can be immediately confiscated, and if the “proof of ownership” is not provided within 3 days, the weapons can be destroyed on day 4.

I am not an attorney
, but because the “proof of ownership” has to be dated before the effective date of the Bill, I have created a “Colorado Firearm Transfer of Ownership” (PDF attached) which I can then use to get a Form 4473 Background Check through an FFL, hopefully before an “effective” date! Since the Democrats have a 60% majority in the Colorado legislature and a Democratic Governor, who is not supportive of “Assault Weapons Bans” but is a Democrat, the Democrats could rush their “Assault Weapons Bill” through in record time!

HELP?

Attachments

• BLANK Colorado Firearm Transfer of Ownership.pdf
    107.5 KB · Views: 2
I may have found a legal minefield in the [Colorado] DRAFT Mass Shooting Prevention Act of 2023 (BobbyBill attachment in Post 286). Page 11, 18-12-604, paragraph (2) (a), and then (3) (a).

Under Colorado Law18-12-112 Private firearms transfers – background check required - penalty – definitions: paragraph (6) The provisions of this section do not apply to: (b): A transfer that is a bona fide gift or loan between immediate family members, which are limited to spouses, parents, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, first cousins, aunts, and uncles.

So, if you wish to allow access to any of these people, there is no requirement to do a background check and there is no receipt and/or background check information paperwork. For other people, ie: my son-in-law, I also don’t have a vehicle to allow access/possession, without a sale, so I’m thinking of him/them also. However, under the DRAFT Bill, if a person is found to have an “Assault Weapon” in their possession, they have to produce “proof of ownership” or the weapon can be immediately confiscated, and if the “proof of ownership” is not provided within 3 days, the weapons can be destroyed on day 4.

I am not an attorney
, but because the “proof of ownership” has to be dated before the effective date of the Bill, I have created a “Colorado Firearm Transfer of Ownership” (PDF attached) which I can then use to get a Form 4473 Background Check through an FFL, hopefully before an “effective” date! Since the Democrats have a 60% majority in the Colorado legislature and a Democratic Governor, who is not supportive of “Assault Weapons Bans” but is a Democrat, the Democrats could rush their “Assault Weapons Bill” through in record time!

HELP?
BTW - Good 'Nuff IS THE GOAL!

I am not an attorney

HELP?
Updated the attached Transfer Form I created, to be consistent with the December 2022 Revised ATF Form 4473.

Attachments

• Revised Colorado Firearm Transfer of Ownership.pdf
    107.3 KB · Views: 3
GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back