NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Colorado Assault Weapons Ban Submitted

A very minimal amount of research will make it clear to anyone that the intent was defending one's self, property, and liberty (from a tyrannical government...like the British crown). Is any of this necessary for me type out? Are you just arguing for argument's sake??
No I'm not just making an argument for argument's sake.

Here is the Heller opinion, Justice Stevens dissent begins on page 67.

1674085322469.png
1674085377225.png
1674085394320.png
1674085435462.png
1674085454168.png

Last edited by a moderator:
How does one just quit mtb and skiing?

when one starts noticing they spend more hours on i70 than they do skiing or snowboarding in one day.

when that girl you were friends with in college who's dad was the general manager of a fancy hotel at beaver creek fades out of your life and you no longer get the sick hookups on places to park, free hotel food, and a free place to stay.

i also started to realize in college that what i looked forward to most when it came to skiing was beer in the hot tub afterwards. then i realized you don't need to go skiing to have beer in a hot tub.

mtb? i dunno, quit that when i spent like 3k of summer earnings on a road bike in highschool. quickly realized legit road cyclists are 100x more core athletes than mtbers could ever dream to be. never looked back.

One thought to keep in mind when trying to make sense of these policies and the proponents/opponents of them - behavioral psychologists and anthropologists often point out a simple truth - In the human mind, alienation from the group/tribe is worse than death. Once you understand that, one realizes that very little about modern politics/policy is about rational discussion of facts, science and meaningful solutions. Political support and donations are driven by fear and a need to signal allegiance - the parties understand this and have weaponized it.

For example, if human life was the real concern the target would be on simple handgun ownership, mental health funding and anti-gang enforcement, not scary black guns that play almost no role in the death toll. But focus groups show that scary black guns drive more $$$ and votes in the suburbs. Similarly, a fabricated gun culture (“out of my cold dead hands folks with a quasi-mystical co-opted history of America”) does the same for rural young males and grumpy old men.
So what happens next if assault weapons are banned and the violence continues? Where are the anti-2A headed next? It’s not hard to see the progression, at least for most of us.

Last edited:
when one starts noticing they spend more hours on i70 than they do skiing or snowboarding in one day.

when that girl you were friends with in college who's dad was the general manager of a fancy hotel at beaver creek fades out of your life and you no longer get the sick hookups on places to park, free hotel food, and a free place to stay.

i also started to realize in college that what i looked forward to most when it came to skiing was beer in the hot tub afterwards. then i realized you don't need to go skiing to have beer in a hot tub.

mtb? i dunno, quit that when i spent like 3k of summer earnings on a road bike in highschool. quickly realized legit road cyclists are 100x more core athletes than mtbers could ever dream to be. never looked back.
There’s a comp pass with your name on it.
Just watch this and try to take yourself back before the booze and women and remember what “fun” was.

Shouldn't happen with this fool proof measure in place. However by some miracle it does you should feel guilty as a gun owner for not offering to give up more in the first place.
I’ve heard that all the criminals here in Oregon are going to abide by the new laws if they are implemented, especially the 10 mag limit. They wanted to assure the public they wouldn’t be carrying more rounds than the law abiding citizens.

So what happens next if assault weapons are banned and the violence continues? Where are the anti-2A headed next? It’s not hard to see the progression, at least for most of us.
The progress stops when suburbanites stop making this their “one issue vote”. More shotguns used in suicide than ARs, but no political gain going after a 870 express.

When suburbanites “yawned” when the Clinton ban expired, Dems stopped using it as a key differentiator in political ads for two decades.

Similarly, back to you, when do 2A supporters stop pretending that the 2A was meant to prevent states from regulating firearms by the founders? The states at the time did in fact regulate them. The Bill of Rights did not apply at all to the states when ratified and for 125 yrs thereafter. The 2A was not applied to state law until the end of the 20th century 200 yrs after the 2A was ratified.

The proper literal legal reading in my view is that the federal govt should have no rights to regulate firearms, but so long as state’s regulations don’t discriminate by race/etc they can regulate as they wish and the constitution has nothing more to say about it. (Which is why Heller was set up - it was federal action)

But of course neither side wants to revisit the incorporation doctrine so we are left with Heller and its progeny for now to be followed by an inevitable reversal in 25 years.

I am fine with Heller et al., not because it is technically correct, but because I like the outcome - which sums up 200 years of constitutional jurisprudence by whichever side had 5 votes at the moment.

They don’t and most times won’t consult with the gun lobby. LEVO (lift every voice Oregon) already has on their website that their next initiative is to ban assault weapons for 2024, regardless of how measure 114 plays out. They don’t care about talking with anyone.

This all goes back to my point about fact vs emotion. No amount of facts about handguns, knives, fist/feet matter. It’s the same with ballot box biology, spin a narrative to cover facts and voila, a bill is passed. Like I said before, it’s why all the talk is about assault weapons instead of handguns even though the latter is the cause of far more death. It’s easier to get on board with banning scary guns than handguns.
Do you take that approach with parenting as well? Life in general? Because you're not going to get your way you not even going to try?

I wish someone would have worked in WA so that my grandfathers 10/22 wasn't considered an assault weapon. I wish someone had work with the D legislators to revise the language for transfers to exempt bolt action and shotguns, so that those of us who are trying to recruit new hunters have a method to loan someone a hunting gun. But unfortunately no one cared enough to put down their ego and focus the what they can actually do

Do you take that approach with parenting as well? Life in general? Because you're not going to get your way you not even going to try?

I wish someone would have worked in WA so that my grandfathers 10/22 wasn't considered an assault weapon. I wish someone had work with the D legislators to revise the language for transfers to exempt bolt action and shotguns, so that those of us who are trying to recruit new hunters have a method to loan someone a hunting gun. But unfortunately no one cared enough to put down their ego and focus the what they can actually do
It’s tough to go to the table when they don’t want to talk. I thought I made that clear enough but I guess not. LEVO didn’t want any input from 2A groups.

Do you take that condescending attitude with you everyday in life, especially to people you don’t even know?

Where are you from?

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back