Caribou Gear Tarp

Colorado 31/32

mariano,

If the other guys are bitching because you are willing to work and do things the right way to be successful in elk hunting, find new hunting partners. Also, If I were driving from Maine to Colorado to scout and put 50 miles in scouting, I would not share a thing with anyone else in the party who decided not to join me. Elk hunting takes hard work and commitment. If some one doesn't want to put in the effort, they shouldn't go.
lol. i hear you. it’s not my first elk hunt. they’re both great friends i’ve had for decades who’ve never hunted out west and have let themselves get out of shape. they’re married with younger kids than me. I’m trying to get them into western hunting the way i am. if i can get them into elk at least one of the two will get motivated like i did 5 years ago and get into better shape.
Honestly i’d like to get one of my buddies a bull just bc his wife has had him on lockdown for 15 years. he just reached a point in his work life where he has enough money to be able to tell his wife he’s just going and that’s that. if i can get him into elk i know he’ll get addicted like me. plus what the hell i’ll get to hunt elk twice.

mariano,

If the other guys are bitching because you are willing to work and do things the right way to be successful in elk hunting, find new hunting partners. Also, If I were driving from Maine to Colorado to scout and put 50 miles in scouting, I would not share a thing with anyone else in the party who decided not to join me. Elk hunting takes hard work and commitment. If some one doesn't want to put in the effort, they shouldn't go.
also i’m getting to hunt montana antelope NM mule deer and 3rd rifle CO deer and KS rifle deer this year. it’s probably my biggest year in the woods , knock on wood, of my life so far. if those guys who never get out have a great hunt and i don’t get a bull i’ll be ok this year.

Makes sense. I hope your friends are exercising and have a good hunt. Post up a review when you get back. Would love to hear they saw some elk and maybe got a bull.

Hi we drew this unit cluster for first rifle anyone know of anyone that allows access or does trespass fee in these units? the guys i’m hunting with are grumbling about my let’s go scout and hike the crap out of it approach
I'll also be in these units 1st rifle. Never been to these units before so I'm hoping to make it out and scout a few times this summer. Do you know if we are able to use the roads that lead to the the oil rigs?

I'll also be in these units 1st rifle. Never been to these units before so I'm hoping to make it out and scout a few times this summer. Do you know if we are able to use the roads that lead to the the oil rigs?
Depends, usually accessible roads must be county roads, BLM/USFS roads, or are accessed from those AND stay on public land for their entire course.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back