Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Colorado 2nd Draw?

I’ve got two kids, 12 and 15, we’re going through the list looking at options. I already have a deer tag for 2nd rifle so maybe I’ll try to get them the same tag since it is available. But there’s some pretty good tags on the list, I guess I’m going to let them decide for themselves to try for better odds or swing for the fences.

So I see you can't apply as a group for leftover elk. If I draw and my buddy doesn't, am I able to turn my tag back in and still purchase an otc tag so we can both hunt together? It would be an Archery EE type A tag, in case that matters.

So I see you can't apply as a group for leftover elk. If I draw and my buddy doesn't, am I able to turn my tag back in and still purchase an otc tag so we can both hunt together? It would be an Archery EE type A tag, in case that matters.
You can definitely return tags off the second draw

And still be eligible to purchase an otc tag for the same species?
Last year I returned a cow tag I picked up on secondary draw at the office, and then got an e/s reissue tag off the list the next day. If you wanted to return/exchange for otc you could do it at the same time in a CPW office

I am wondering what my chance is of drawing my 1st vs 2nd choice. 1st choice = 10 tags in secondary; 2nd choice=>100 tags. Is it worth putting in for my first choice, or will that ruin my chance of getting either option?

I am wondering what my chance is of drawing my 1st vs 2nd choice. 1st choice = 10 tags in secondary; 2nd choice=>100 tags. Is it worth putting in for my first choice, or will that ruin my chance of getting either option?
10 tags your chances are probably similar to a m,s,g tag… More than a 100 for second choice, the chances are decent but not a for sure thing. Have to decide what you ultimate goal is. Very very small chance at x tag and ok chance at second choice or for sure get a tag.

What is the first choice/second choice process with the secondary draw? Everybody's first choice looked at prior to any second choice?

If a guy can identify as a women for sports I should be able to identify as a youth for hunting draws. If it helps...My wife keeps telling me I have a tennage boy's sense of humor and that I can act very immature.

A few great tags on the list and best of luck to all the youth hunters. My son is in for a couple.

Yep, with the difference being all youth get all of their choices then non youth go through 1st choice, then second choice
CPW

So we think that all NR Dads should get a crack at deer tags that Colorado residents with 4 points missed out on... 🤦‍♂️

Oh and they shouldn't have to use points.

This process is so broken.

CPW

So we think that all NR Dads should get a crack at deer tags that Colorado residents with 4 points missed out on... 🤦‍♂️

Oh and they shouldn't have to use points.

This process is so broken.
Dude, people actually do take their kids hunting…it’s not some grand “Dad’s secret tag conspiracy”. I see the argument that it does not help clear out preference points, but it’s a fraction of the overall % of tags. It may not be the best system but I’ll manage to deal with the guilt if my kids happen to draw some great tags.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back