Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Colorado 2022 Draw Results

I dk how secretive everyone is but where are y'all hunting?

We're aiming for 77.

Well, I've been watching everything anxiously since about 0800 Tuesday. Applied for elk only. Still no credit card charge, no email, and no updates to my portal account.

If they're going to break my heart, I wish they'd just get on with it already!

My elk points just updated. Now that all of the draws are done I’ve ended up with tags for deer, elk, antelope and bear. Also gained a point for bear(17), deer(2), and elk(1).
Is a bear hunt on the Bosque taking more than 17 points? Everywhere else is 3 or less, right?

I was saving for a RFW tag… but point creep has put that well out of reach now. So I’m definitely looking at the bosque.
But my 2nd choice tag has been pretty good the last few years so I’m in no rush to burn the points

Looking at the CO draw stats looks like 0-1 point bump in most units. Makes it difficult to build points, for a hard to draw unit, if you’re starting out in the points game!

Last edited:
Drew a muzzy pronghorn buck and local 2nd choice archery deer. Might have been a mistake given the limited access from the fires last year, but I was hoping to stay local given the baby.

FireTiger drew muzzy pronghorn buck and early rifle deer.

Dad did NOT draw the 61 3rd rifle elk we planned around. Could have sworn he had 11 points, but he must have had 10 and been in the 24% that failed to draw at that level.

Drew a muzzy pronghorn buck and local 2nd choice archery deer. Might have been a mistake given the limited access from the fires last year, but I was hoping to stay local given the baby.

FireTiger drew muzzy pronghorn buck and early rifle deer.

Dad did NOT draw the 61 3rd rifle elk we planned around. Could have sworn he had 11 points, but he must have had 10 and been in the 24% that failed to draw at that level.
Oh wow that sucks. I put in for the NR archery tag there and calculated my odds with 25 points should be ~85%, but with my luck drought the last decade I still expected to be in the 15%. 12/14 got drawn, so it was 86%, & thank god I made the cut. Have not had a decent elk hunt since 2017. Since drawing I’ve been busting arse at work to get ahead finish my quota for the year prior to Aug. 20th so I can visit family, scout a week and hunt the full 4 weeks if necessary.

Last edited:
Drew a 49 2nd season, but turned it in due to drawing a limited tag in SE Montana. Plan to use my points next year. Good luck to those that were successful. And hopefully whoever gets me tag gets a nice bull.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back