Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Col. 61 elk report

Yooper Bob

I wanted to give a brief report on my elk hunt in Col> unit 61, and to say thank you for the help. My buddy and I with tags and brother-in-law along to help, scouted for 3 days seeing 2 shorter bulls and a few smaller ones plus a lot of othr hunters. During the hunt we did't see any big ones until my brother-in-law got a tip from a local The next day they dropped me off in the morning where I had seen a nice 6x6. they hunted one spot in the afternoon, hiked in 2 miles where they found an overlook and sat for the evening.. They were there for a short time when 4 cows walked out fllowed by a nice 5x6 with broken tines. One shot at 200 yards and the bull was down. The 160gr. Nosler Partition broke one shoulder and went clean through the other. My brother-in-law came and picked me up at dark with pack frames and meat bags already in the truck. We hiked out to my buddy who had built a fire and had one side of the bull skinned and ready to quarter. Bu 2:30am we were back at camp celebrating with a few cold ones. I hunted the last day and only saw a small spike. I did't get an elk but went home with great memories and some good eating.

http://SANY1057.JPG

Last edited:
2u9tv13.jpg

Thank You Oak,it was fun and I was super happy for my friend.arffdog875 we burned 18 pts,I dont think the unit is worth it but at 65 I didnt think I could draw 2,10 or 201 where I have scouted in the past.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back