Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Coastal Winter Steelhead time!

Joe Hulburt

Not much to hunt here in Western Oregon this time of year so I made a couple drifts in the drift boat. First trip of the season (last trip of 2013) I got one wild fish and this keeper right at the take out...

First trip of 2014 and my first fish of 2014 was this pretty wild female...

Headed on down the river and was able to limit out on a couple nice hatchery males...

Just pulled them out of the brine and onto the smoker racks.... :D

Cougar season just reopened and the fishing bug has been taken care of so back into the woods for a little hunting. ;)

I am truly jealous Joe! -10 and everything is frozen solid here. No Steel for me in the near future........

Ouch! Sorry to hear that, sounds very cold.

60 and sunny here on the Northern Oregon coast today! The rivers are getting almost too low to drift but that will change soon no doubt when we return to normal.

Haven't been out yet so I am envious. Rain in the forecast this week so maybe things will get going.

-12 this morning with a wind chill of -30, even Lake Superior is starting to freeze up solid! Keep catching them and posting so I don't forget what it looks like!

Great pics and nice Chromers. I am headed that way sometime this winter for a Steelhead fix. Idaho's run is so poor this year I figured it's time to take the plunge and go fish the coast.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back