Co unit 18

Feradyneguy

Gents, I've been studying maps for months now and have decided I'm going to try my luck with the pressure and country on unit 18 I have the entire thing west of rmnp marked up all look like good areas. Anyone got a side they would focus on areas to look for? Also let's hear some pressured elk tactics if yall have any!

look for areas with no hunters no matter how close to the road they are or far in. check the roads with the forest service as last time i was there some were closed for thinning beetle kill timber.

Even with heavy hunting pressure, you want to place yourself where other hunters are not. Even if elk are out of sanctuary places, they still know where hunters don't go and that is where they will likely be.

Low elk numbers mixed with high hunting pressure and tough terrain. But you might as well go this year because with the ever expanding bear population and Colorado bringing back wolves it’s pretty much now or never. Don’t waste money on points probably won’t be any left.

Anyway aren't you going to bow hunt 53, along with everyone else who’s seen a episode of born and raised outdoors.

Last edited:
That is something that you clearly just threw together in a attempt to just disprove my comment. Don’t attempt to trick me with your fake news or fake reports.

Back