CO Springs - What to do?

Beast and Brews on the north end of springs real close to the bass pro. Go Kart Racing in that same area and a Beef Jerky outlet.

Cripple Creek is a short drive if you like to gamble. Try the south platte or any Hartsel Reservoir while your that close.

Not to be a debbbie downer but my wife and I went out west for the first time last year as well. We stayed in Denver a few days then Estes and then decided to drive down to Colorado Springs because we heard so much about it. We had less then a stellar experience there and drove right back to Estes. We had already gotten our fill of bums in Denver and after one intentionally jumped in front of our vehicle we turned around and left. Estes is very touristy but it seems they kept the bums out.

Any recommendations for Rocky Mtn Oysters?
Make the drive up to Severance and go to Bruce's!! Don't be scared off by the outward appearance.

If you go to Pikes Peak, take the Cog Railroad. If you like Railroads, go check out the Royal Gorge RR.
If you want to hike with BigHorn, go up to Waterton Canyon.
The fossil beds up in Florissant are ok, but taking the drive on 24 west is great.
If you are in to Rodeo, go visit the Rodeo Hall of Fame.

I don't get into the city much, spend more of my time on the eastern plains.

Another thought is head to the Royal Gorge in Canon City Area. Take the train if they are running that day. You can take Hwy 115 from the springs and hit the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. Eat in Florence at a place called Quincy's if you like Prime Rib. The only thing on the menu at Quincy's is Prime rib at your desired size. Some nights its Filet Mignon so either way its good.

Give us a review!
Hate to say, but wasn't impressed. I think I made a mistake by getting a garlic focaccia bun which was kinda stale I thought. I will be back in the springs Wednesday, ill give it another try with a sesame bun. I didn't think it was pricey, but I've experienced the $18 burger at the cherry cricket lol

Hate to say, but wasn't impressed. I think I made a mistake by getting a garlic focaccia bun which was kinda stale I thought. I will be back in the springs Wednesday, ill give it another try with a sesame bun. I didn't think it was pricey, but I've experienced the $18 burger at the cherry cricket lol
Looked at the prices online and not really what I remembered. Was thinking they were in the $15 range. An $18 burger better be someone feeding it to me while being the best burger on earth lol

Back in 1975, I thought, "Man! It would be far out and groovy to live in Colorado!"
In 1983, the wife and me made that dream come true!
"YEAH!"
How quickly a dream became a nightmare!
Town was so full of California hippies and cheap "pass through" laborers, the chance of finding work that could sustain a family of four was somewhere betwixt "slim & none"!
Then the nightmare soured.
Poorly equipped and prepared for a winter of record proportions (869" accumulated snowfall!), pennies were scraped together and family tapped to return to an atmosphere where we knew HOW to struggle, jobs WERE available and groceries didn't have to be "trucked" in!
What a rude awakening! LOL!
I can look back on it now and laugh!
Young, dumb and full of pi$$ and vinegar!
Took us 15 years in the Dallas/Fort Worth "Metro Mess" to turn our world back around.
The kids had a good life, they just couldn't see mountains from the front porch. Didn't seem to hurt them any! LOL!
They were young enough they didn't realize they were suffering too!
I’m calling bologna on 869” accumulated snowfall

Colorado Springs is an odd place to drive to Colorado and visit. The Western Slope of Colorado is where you ought to drive to.

I've been here for 12 years now and live about 2 miles from Garden of the Gods. I also work at the new Scheels store. What are your main interests (and I can make recommendations based on that)? Here are a few I haven't seen yet. Helen Hunt Falls for a nice little hike, Ute Valley Park (my neighborhood) is a city park with nice trails, Pizzeria Rustica (close to Italian pizza- I was stationed in Italia for 4 years) and Jake and Telly's (Greek- lamb shank is great) in Old Colorado City, Fujiyama Sushi on Tejon (25% off rolls at lunch), The Ivywild (Bristol Brewing's tasting room and decent chow), et al......feel free to PM me and I will be in town that time frame if you need anything!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back