CO newbie

Firehead117

Hey All! Look forward to interacting, learning and sharing on these threads.
Lifetime hunter from back east. Still have a love for Virginia whitetail but last 15 years or so since moving to Colorado I now love chasing that wapiti and other rocky mountain species. Luck enough to draw a goat tag for 2022 (G16 ES 1R with 3+7). Look forward to sharing that experience around the thread over the next few month.
Happy hunting all.

Good of you to stop by. Best of luck w the goat tag this fall. Where in CO are you located?
Work has me strapped to the front range… so a little south of Denver.

Thanks all for the warm welcomes. Hope I can contribute! Been loving the historical threads I’m reading.

Reactions: CB1
Congrats on your tag. Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society can be a great resource for previous hunters. Consider joining knowing we are the organization with the mission to “…put more sheep and goats on the mountain”. Added benefit is connection with lots of guys and gals who have been in your shoes and know G16 well.

Also keep an eye out for our upcoming Sheep and Goat hunter meet and greet and orientation. We will bring guys who have hunted your unit for you to visit with. To be finalized but probably July 9th in Denver area. Last year we had a great and large group of previous and current tag holders going over maps and strategies including for your unit.

Also, our annual Rendezvous is on June 10&11. Join the org and sign up to attend. There will be hundreds of experienced sheep and goat hunters, certainly with some who know your unit to network with to help you start planning scouting and hunting.

I hunted G16. many years ago, 4 days with a bow and then 2 hours with a rifle….Definitely huntable with a bow.

155D50F6-C7FE-49E2-B67A-FD75581DC099.png

Thank you for this info @Khunter I will pencil those dates down and look into joining some of these groups that serve such a great cause.

Back