CO leftover list is available

Seems on par with CPW these days haha... web department and game department weren't on the same page ha
Yeah I just spoke to a lady at the Pueblo office and she wasn’t even aware that link was up. She told me to check later today or tomorrow because the list hasn’t been finalized (whatever the hell that means)

Wow. People shouldn't have any trouble finding a tag from that list....lol

What a total cluster. I enjoy the opportunity to try and luck into some of the tags on this list but am annoyed at the same time due to the fact that I’ve been unsuccessful in every attempt at a particular tag the past 2 years and yet it’s on every list that comes out.
This is my year though!!!

love seeing tags I couldn't draw on this list.
The elk tag my wife applied for has 4 tags available and the deer tag we both applied for has 1 tag...so I guess there is a "chance" we could draw anyways without using points. Part of me is mad, the other part is happy knowing the chance of winning the lottery might happen....

love seeing tags I couldn't draw on this list.
What's most gauling about it is the person who gets that tag wont use points... and they likely wouldn't have tried to get it during the re-issue process if they were required to burn points.

You have 3pts and want to use it on X deer tag, but the system is setup so that some person with 12pts will build points and get that 3pt deer tag with 0 point cost.

At the very least if you burned points, it would give people who applied for a tag in the draw a much better chance at getting a re-issue.

What's most gauling about it is the person who gets that tag wont use points... and they likely wouldn't have tried to get it during the re-issue process if they were required to burn points.

You have 3pts and want to use it on X deer tag, but the system is setup so that some person with 12pts will build points and get that 3pt deer tag with 0 point cost.

At the very least if you burned points, it would give people who applied for a tag in the draw a much better chance at getting a re-issue.
agreed, I am new to this and the idea that you can get something for no points - that others definitely burned points for - is crazy. It would be one thing if some guys burned 5 points for a tag, and you had to burn your 3 to get the same one... but to get it for nothing is stupid.

The elk tag my wife applied for has 4 tags available and the deer tag we both applied for has 1 tag...so I guess there is a "chance" we could draw anyways without using points. Part of me is mad, the other part is happy knowing the chance of winning the lottery might happen....
Good luck man... the deer tag I applied for has 2... so here is hoping. If not, I am going to be tagging along as a bag man only - which is still fun, but not as much fun as a tag in the pocket

Don’t see the tags I want on the list. Good thing is, I’ll play the reissue game, just like I have since it started, get my tag and save my points!

Do I agree hunting each year and no points used? Nope! But gonna play the game that is dealt. I think we will see changes soon and eventually see points being used when picking a tag up on the reissue list.

Never tried to snag a leftover but am going for it this year after striking out. Any general rule of thumb of how many tags available you should look for? For example if there is 1 tag left is it even worth trying or better to look for a unit that has 5 or more for example. Would appreciate any tips for a first timer!

Never tried to snag a leftover but am going for it this year after striking out. Any general rule of thumb of how many tags available you should look for? For example if there is 1 tag left is it even worth trying or better to look for a unit that has 5 or more for example. Would appreciate any tips for a first timer!
Honestly it's hard even with like 10... you can always give it a shot but just kinda realize your odds are low as there are likely 100 folks trying to do the same thing.

Honestly it's hard even with like 10... you can always give it a shot but just kinda realize your odds are low as there are likely 100 folks trying to do the same thing.
Thank you! I’m thinking have 2-3 options with a few tags at least and just crossing my fingers haha.

The odds are very slim regardless of tag numbers. Especially with what’s available on the list right now. The more points a tag is worth, the harder it is to get.

The odds are very slim regardless of tag numbers. Especially with what’s available on the list right now. The more points a tag is worth, the harder it is to get.
Thank you so much! Do you typically see a decent amount reissued after the initial rush? Again new to this leftover process and really appreciate the help.

Thank you so much! Do you typically see a decent amount reissued after the initial rush? Again new to this leftover process and really appreciate the help.
kinda depends, and is very random... sometimes certain units pop up regularly until the season while others once or none at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back