Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

CO leftover list is available

Had my selections ready waiting on go time and got called in for work....oh well

Logged in at 8:00:01 sat at residency page no issues then hit proceed at 9:00:01...and had a 10 minute wait in the queue so tags of interest gone by then of course....not sure my strategy "trying to follow instructions precisely" was the right one. 🤷‍♂️
Interesting, so it put you in a queue before you even had the chance to type in a hunt code?

Logged in at 8:00:01 sat at residency page no issues then hit proceed at 9:00:01...and had a 10 minute wait in the queue so tags of interest gone by then of course....not sure my strategy "trying to follow instructions precisely" was the right one. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah that’s exactly what happened to Qubo and I. I followed directions exactly also. We think it’s because we timed out due to inactivity.

Yeah that’s exactly what happened to Qubo and I. I followed directions exactly also. We think it’s because we timed out due to inactivity.
Worst part was I was sitting at my computer the whole time had I just known. Oh well…pretty flipping stupid way to do things. But whatcha expect from the highest state in the west

Yep - even with 5 tags added overnight to the elk code I wanted, they were gone by the time the list refreshed.

Hopefully some folks got some good tags.
Are you sre they added additional hunt codes last night? When I checked at 7:30 am it still showed 7-28 as the updated date.

Are you sre they added additional hunt codes last night? When I checked at 7:30 am it still showed 7-28 as the updated date.
Yeah I was curious about this also. Was there another place to look at the list than just the web link?

I suspect that there are two queues. One when there is a backup to get into the store, and one when there is a backup to check out.

While I agree that there is probably a better way to handle this sale, I think what people are complaining about is illustrative of the level of demand for these tags. How many thousands of people were logged in at 9am in hopes of getting a hunt code that had exactly one tag? 999 of those people are leaving unhappy.

QQ

Holding the tag for you as soon as you put it into your cart was a big step toward "fairness", thus eliminating the advantage of being in person or "working at a fly shop" as others have speculated.

It doesn't matter what the system is. Those that don't get a tag for any reason will throw a tantrum.

The demand of these marginal tags is pretty impressive. If only we had more people at the table.

Positive. There were 3 tags on the 7/28 list.

The list refreshed with a 8/3, 7:58am timestamp and had 8 tags available. I still didnt get one as they were gone by the time I tried adding to my cart @ 9:02. Then the list refreshed every 5 minutes until I quit checking at 9:18.

Edited: Hit enter too soon 1st time

Interesting, so it put you in a queue before you even had the chance to type in a hunt code?
Yep. I'm sure it was just the deluge of people doing the same thing at the same time....my cyber bits must not have been as fast as others' cyber bits in arriving at CO DFW headquarters. ;)

Better luck next time!

Does someone out there have a copy of the 758am pdf? I've got the original from a week or 2 ago...we can get to the bottom of this real quick if so
lol - appreciate the offer, @BoulderBulls but I didn't save it and honestly don't think there is anything to get to the bottom of.

Meaning, I was not surprised at all that some tag numbers increased since last week's initial post-secondary-draw list. e.g. yesterday (and/or today depending on how they do their math) was the last day to turn in archery tags in the 30-day window so it wasn't surprising that there were additional archery tags this morning that had been returned since the 7/28 version of the list. The 'Tuesday Reissue Preview' list part of the program doesn't start until next week.
flattops first rifle bull tags sold out today?

correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure that's a first in modern CPW history.

holy shit.
I just noticed that, also. There were 350-ish when I looked last (09:18) since that one is oft-mentioned. I believe someone asked about that specific tag in a thread - there's the answer...

scored a decent pronghorn tag for a buddy in unit 4 archery. Only tag available.

incredibly got it to cart after unit three showed is “no longer available” I would’ve thought that lone tag would have been long gone.

i already had a unit 3 tag for myself via the draw. another HTer scored that tag as well today so that is cool.

not bad considering expected it to be a complete train wreck.

I went for pronghorn as well and got a 69 tag, all things considered pretty happy as I struck out in the primary draw and WY for pronghorn on good odd units.

I knew what to expect but still was not first to put my desired deer tag in my cart. I was able to get the tag for the same season across the street, but I decided I'm just not into that unit and let someone else have it. I'll continue to bide my time.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back