CO leftover list is available

I actually went to a license agent. Hasn’t failed me in the last 10 years. Did not even get one of two cow tags there. At 9:00:01. So, nothing is certain anymore.
this 11am, middle of the wednesday nonsense is ridiculous.
Besides, what happens to tags that used to be put on the old “real-time” list that popped after the season started and you had to go to a CPW office. I guess you have to wait until mid season to get one instead of the Friday before it opens.
two years ago, 13 1st rifle 76 tags went on sale literally the day before the season opened. Guess that’s done

As I struck out in all the draws this year, I’d love to pick up a 1-4 point returned elk tag 8/10. But with 25 NR points, I’m scared to death of screwing up and pushing one wrong button to lose my 2022 unit 61 hunt.

As I struck out in all the draws this year, I’d love to pick up a 1-4 point returned elk tag 8/10. But with 25 NR points, I’m scared to death of screwing up and pushing one wrong button to lose my 2022 unit 61 hunt.
Leftover tags do not affect your points.

“two years ago, 13 1st rifle 76 tags went on sale literally the day before the season opened. Guess that’s done”

yes, in 2019 those were a nice appetizer lead in. I let the rookies snap those up and picked up the unit 61 1st rifle tags that popped up shortly thereafter…

But yes those great days and opportunities are gone. Miss them already.

Last edited:
I was able to log in and get my 1st choice 1 of 6 elk tags available no issues.

Reactions: LCH
I also got the muzzleloader tags I was after for me and my father. I definitely sweated it out and as this was my last option for muzzleloader tags.

Out of curiosity, I also would be interested to see the revised list that was posted early Tuesday morning as I didn't think to look for a revision after it stayed as updated on July 28th for the entire week prior.

I also got the muzzleloader tags I was after for me and my father. I definitely sweated it out and as this was my last option for muzzleloader tags.

Out of curiosity, I also would be interested to see the revised list that was posted early Tuesday morning as I didn't think to look for a revision after it stayed as updated on July 28th for the entire week prior.
It's still out there being updated (less frequent updates than Tuesday, of course) : https://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Leftover.pdf

Starting next week - there will be a separate 'Reissue preview List' before the tags are added to the main leftover list beginning Wednesday

The old process rewarded effort, dont see myself getting deer tags in 44,53,40,61 or 22 again, it was good while it lasted. I think I burned thru the equivalent of 100 points in the 3-4 years it was available.

I didn’t say leftover. I said returned.
So snappy. CPW and most of social media call the whole thing the ‘Leftover’ process/list/tags/etc. Despite my grass roots effort to get the term reissued tags (in bold and italicized) accepted to better define this subset of the leftover process/list/tags/etc. - here on HT and in other circles - that is the continued colloquial term. With 20+ CO preference points and a decade on this forum, you know enough (or should) about our state systems to know that.

Only tags drawn as a first choice in the primary draw consume accrued points.

The lone exception is if you are one of the next 5 in line that CPW contacts if a >5 R point tag is returned, and you accept the tag, you consume your accrued points. But your question was specifically about 1-4 point tags, so not applicable.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back