Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

CO leftover list is available

I’ve not used that system before, just read about it from lots of pissed off people. Read you lose your points if you draw for 5 point+ returned tag hunts. Either way it don’t matter to me now because I just found my pre-Covid job will be restored 10/1, which totally changes my job freedom. A hunt this year would cost me thousands in PTO days, that I could pocket next year. Basically I’ll get paid to hunt next year.

Last edited:
I’ve not used that system before, just read about it from lots of pissed off people. Read you lose your points if you draw for 5 point+ returned tag hunts. Either way it don’t matter to me now because I just found my pre-Covid job will be restored 10/1, which totally changes my job freedom. A hunt this year would cost me thousands in PTO days, that I could pocket next year.
Loosing the points is not true, the only time you ever loose your points is in the primary draw. Congrats on getting your job back!

With 20+ CO preference points and a decade on this forum, you know enough (or should) about our state systems to know that.
Actually a decade on this forum (and 2 1/2 on others) has taught me not to invest my time educating myself about systems when they don’t apply to me in that immediate year. The reason being these states are constantly scheming to “change the system” aka devalue NR points. Happens every year somewhere. So why waste time studying what will be obsolete soon? I’ve not needed to rely on Colorado in the past due to tags drawn elsewhere, or conflicting schedules.

Loosing the points is not true, the only time you ever loose your points is in the primary draw. Congrats on getting your job back!
If the tag takes 5 points+ to draw, and CPW calls you to offer you the returned tag since you were next in line during the primary draw, then you do lose your points, even if that occurs in August.

You do not lose points getting any tag off of the reissued list though, regardless of how many points it required in the draw.

If the tag takes 5 points+ to draw, and CPW calls you to offer you the returned tag since you were next in line during the primary draw, then you do lose your points, even if that occurs in August.

You do not lose points getting any tag off of the reissued list though, regardless of how many points it required in the draw.
That is something different entirely. That is not the leftover or reissue system. And there have been 5+ point tags hit those two systems so… 🤷‍♂️ If the tag makes it to leftover or reissue it does not affect your points.

That is something different entirely. That is not the leftover or reissue system. And there have been 5+ point tags hit those two systems so… 🤷‍♂️ If the tag makes it to leftover or reissue it does not affect your points.
Actually it is the reissue system. If a 5+ point returned tag is not accepted by the next few applicants that were in line for it, it is then placed onto the leftover/reissue list. That is how the system works.Screenshot_20210812-100729.png

4BB15358-23FC-4B78-92C2-57A3D2681EBE.jpeg
The tags that affect your points are not able to be purchased off one of the lists. What you are talking about is a different process.

This was your statement I was referencing. You are correct in that points are not used by purchasing off of the leftover/reissue list.

This was your statement I was referencing. You are correct in that points are not used by purchasing off of the leftover/reissue list.
From an application standpoint that is still part of the primary draw. If you are putting into one of the alternative draws you cannot lose your points. The only way your points are spent is if you applied in the primary draw.

The reissue process is absolute BS. This morning was another SShow. I could not have gone faster. License agent employees taking all the tags again.
What a joke.

• Sad
Reactions: LCH
I struck out as well, but I’ll let you all know after next week if my theory is correct when I get a tag! Haha

I don't think the reissue tags ever made it to the list today. The leftover list has not changed. I don't think every single reissue was bought immediately.
The preview list is empty. I see your point on the list not changing though. The first update I saw to the leftover list at 10:58 and 11:03 looked the same.

That was a grind. Stuck with it and waited. Eventually saw the cow tag I wanted and snagged it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back