CO guys or those in the know help please

mnbearbaiter

Looking like CO elk hunt will happen this year due to drop in pt requirement. We are looking at using the 350gr Harvester Sabertooth for our projectile as we arent fond of powerbelts. Theres a picture of a guy in the Harvester Muzzleloading catalog with a CO elk shot with a sabertooth, yet i have a friend who claims they are illegal? I called the CO DOW and inquired about this and was told as long as the word sabot isnt used in the nomanclature describing the projectile its legal for use in CO. I think its legal considering its a similar design to a powerbelt which are legal?

Looks just like a powerbelt. If the skirt is attached just like a powerbelt, I'd say its legal

I think I'm gonna have to order and give a test try as I'll be hunting deer with a muzzy this year ;)

Yep, they shoot really well out of my omega and buddies cva with 100gr 777 also. They tear up deer and black bear.

I would call the Colorado Parks and Wildlife office again (CPW) and ask to talk to an actual game warden. They will know the more about the specifics of the rules than the individuals at the desk.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back