Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

CO Archery Buck

Bighorn191

Spot and stalked him on the second to last day of the season. I honestly don't know what was wrong with this buck but he would let me get to about 80 yards, repeatedly - I mean, 10 times in a 2-1/2 hour period. It was so stinking windy that even though I have a slider sight and can shoot that distance, there was no way it was going to happen in that wind. I just kept doggin after him and finally got to a point where he was about 68 yards. He saw me but coulda cared less. I don't know if he recently had his butt kicked but he was like no other buck I've ever pursued. He was always on the move and once the wind slowed, I was able to get an arrow in him but still whacked him in the throat. It was the craziest experience with an animal I've ever seen.

Curious what other weird buck stories people have - usually its tough to get inside of 100 once they have you pegged. I feel pretty fortunate that I found a dumb one or at least one that maybe had never been pursued by an archery hunter.

Attachments

• IMG_4333.jpg
    IMG_4333.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 355
Congrats on the spot and stalk success. Randy and I had a pretty good "spot and stalk" encounter in WY in 2009. A nice buck let us walk up within 20 (?) yards, I believe.:eek:

It was cool, stupid buck or not - and the only reason I was out looking around was because the water hole action was terribly off this year - have no idea when or where the antelope on this place were watering but it was infrequent to say the least. Huge infestations of flies kept them all in the windiest, highest places they could find. Guess maybe they were watering right after dark but it's the fewest antelope I've ever seen at the waterholes on this ranch I was hunting. You're right SB, nothing like a bow kill.

Back