CO apps/hybrid draw

Jwill

Anybody else playing the hybrid draw lottery? Will be interested to see how it shakes out, I was surprised the choices were as limited as they were.

Yep. Are you going to break it to me that there are no tags available anyhow? I at least had enough sense not to apply for a RFW hunt code... :eek:

Hybrids seem more and more popular. Not sure why so much concern if a NR uses a hybrid. I mean, if that is your thing. What? Hybrid hunting application? Well, now. That is much different. Never mind.

....this one?;):)

Driven to Win: Colorado Lottery Second Chance Drawing Winner Takes Home Ford Fusion Hybrid

I love the Colorado Lottery.
They always come up with cool ideas. And, they are very environmentally conscious.
Take this latest SECOND CHANCE drawing, recently over.
Toni Bower made her family proud.
The Littleton elementary school teacher won a new Ford Fusion hybrid for her father-in-law in a Colorado Lottery second-chance drawing.
Toni Bower was actually filling in for Gary Bower, a finalist for the drawing who couldn’t attend because of work commitments.
“When he first asked me to stand in, I thought, ‘Are you sure you want me?’” said Toni Bower. “My daughter broke her leg and weeks before that she broke her wrist and then my dog had to have surgery. I haven’t had great luck.”
But Bower’s luck changed last week.
In a big way.
The drawing’s six finalists gathered at Phil Long Ford in Denver and were given numbered keys that corresponded to six new Ford Fusions. The finalists were then told to get in the cars and start their engines. Bower’s was the only key that worked.
“I was in disbelief for a half a second and then I was relieved,” said Bower of hearing her car start.
Bower said it will be up to her father-in-law to decide whether to keep the car or take the alternative prize of $35,000 in cash instead. She said she hopes the car will stay in the family, since her teenage daughter will be driving soon.
This isn’t the first time Gary Bower has won a big Lottery prize. More than 20 years ago, he won $80,000 playing Lotto and used it to throw a big birthday for his ailing mother.
The 2010 Hybrid Drawing was the most popular second-chance drawing in Colorado Lottery history. From March 22, 2010 to June 30, 2010, the Lottery invited players to submit non-winning Scratch tickets into a second-chance drawing for a Ford Fusion.
Nearly 788,000 entries were received for the drawing. The six finalists were chosen in a drawing on July 1, 2010.
All finalists received tickets to a Colorado Rockies game, $100 worth of Scratch tickets and a gift bag worth more than $100.

The math is not there. Although NR are technically eligible for the hybrid draw, the 20% quota is still in place. Since the hybrid draw takes place after the PP draw, the NR quota is always already filled before the hybrid draw.

Can anyone sort this out?

One of the hybrid draws for elk in CO that NR can apply for in 2014 was: EM06101M. 50 tags.

Of the 50 tags, 8 tags are noted in a text comment in the statistics as having been awarded via the Hybrid draw process. That would be 16% of the 50 tag quota.

R had 430 apply with 1st choice for this tag and 35 drew. 70% of the 50 tags. No indication if some of the 35 were in the hybrid portion of the draw.

NR had 261 apply with 1st choices and 8 drew. 16% of tags. For 8 tags to be 20% of the total tags then would have been 40 tags rather than the 50 there were in 2014. As with R, no indication if any tags via the hybrid portion of the draw.

Landowner had 13 apply and 7 drew. 14% of tags. No hybrid indication.

That accounts for the 50 tags.

Do the statistics for 2014 provide enough information to determine if no NR tags were drawn in the hybrid portion?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back