CO Antelope UP

I'm at 0, so I drew my tag, but just a doe on RFW by Craig. I blew through 13 points 2 falls ago on GMU #03. Don't think I will build points again for Colorado. It's just too easy to go to Wyoming for a buck fix if I need it.

It looks as though my oldest son drew his buck tag, now I hope my youngest son and I drew our second choice archery tags.

I blew through 13 points 2 falls ago on GMU #03. Don't think I will build points again for Colorado.

How was the hunt in GMU 3? We gave up on that area at 10 points. Hard to swallow when Private land only tags could be had every 5 years.

How was the hunt in GMU 3? We gave up on that area at 10 points. Hard to swallow when Private land only tags could be had every 5 years.

I love the area, but I didn't see very many bucks over 14" on public. I did see a few on private that I think would have been over 16" I took one that measured 14.5". I did have a great time though. Both of my boys had doe tags, so that ended up being my main focus after waiting 13 years. Funny how priorities change.

I need to meet some ranchers in Craig and find some private land to hunt. 5 points is alot more reasonable to wait on then 13+ years.

I need points just to archery hunt (buck) around my house. Which it looks like I'll be doing this year, and then again in 2 or 3yrs. Looking forward to Aug 15 now...

Back