CO 3rd Season success

Montana Advocate

I have to say the pre-hunt planning is as much fun as the actual hunt. That research led to an epic hunt in an area I found no intel on. Burning 14 points on an 11-12 point unit paid off on day 5. Public land DIY.

He was the 3rd biggest buck I saw on public for the trip, albeit 1 was for 3 seconds the day before the season opened. We pretty much had the area to ourselves after day 2. The 7mm mag did the job at 394 yds.

Attachments

• IMG_9496.jpeg
    IMG_9496.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_9409.jpeg
    IMG_9409.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 122
Damn nice Buck.....My units never seem to produce very good bucks, I've gotta find some better units, although I'd have issues saving that many points as I always want to hunt every season! Character flaw I guess.

MT general season always provides plenty of opportunity. Started building points years ago everywhere, and now sprinkling in 1 out-of-state solid hunt a year in addition to the occasional lightning strike tag.

Burned my UT pts last year on a Book Cliffs archery tag and picked up an archery elk tag from the UT Archery Assoc. for good measure.

Attachments

• IMG_6215.jpeg
    IMG_6215.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6505.jpeg
    IMG_6505.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 34
Wow that’s an awesome buck hard to believe that was the third largest one ! That’s a buck everyone goes to Colorado for. Congratulations!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back