CO 2016 sheep and goat regs

Do you know why there was a big reduction in nonresident mountain goat tags available?

Looks like for unit 12 the resident tags available went from 17 to 22 and the nonresident tags available went from 3 to 0.

Overall nonresident tags went down from 17 to 12. :(

Do you know why there was a big reduction in nonresident mountain goat tags available?

Looks like for unit 12 the resident tags available went from 17 to 22 and the nonresident tags available went from 3 to 0.

Overall nonresident tags went down from 17 to 12. :(

Because I think there are some errors.......

Let me check....

I have checked, and I am fairly certain that there are 3 NR licenses missing for G12. Based on the draft regs I saw a week ago, that is the case. Now waiting for confirmation that it is an error and they were not purposely removed at the last minute for some reason.

So I got a question. I know I cannot apply for a desert bighorn and a rocky mtn bighorn in the same year, but if I submit a rocky mtn app and only want points can I still apply for desert bighorn tag?

I read that you can only accumulate 3 preference points for sheep and goats, and then after that you receive weighted preference. Can someone explain how that works? How is it different from a preference point?

I read that you can only accumulate 3 preference points for sheep and goats, and then after that you receive weighted preference. Can someone explain how that works? How is it different from a preference point?

Weighted points function more like bonus points than preference points, i.e. they theoretically give the applicant a better chance of drawing, but those with fewer weighted points may still draw ahead of those with more. Read this link for a complete description of the process.

Hey, Oak, do you know if the two NR G16 hunts are both nanny hunts or is it one nanny tag and one either-sex tag? For the Oct season, the description reads "either-sex" but the hunt code starts with G-F.

Hey, Oak, do you know if the two NR G16 hunts are both nanny hunts or is it one nanny tag and one either-sex tag? For the Oct season, the description reads "either-sex" but the hunt code starts with G-F.

There is an error in the Oct. 3-14 hunt code. It should be G-E.

If in doubt, you can check exactly what licenses were approved at the January commission meeting at this link. Just have to scroll down to the license tables.

I notice S42 went away... and some cuts in tags in G16.... but an overall gain of 14 sheep tags... Gore Canyon opens already minus a ram (hope they catch them)... S2 reopens... and the landowner giveaway....

Thanks for the link, Oak.

Just bonus points for me this year. Have to hope to read about some hunts on here this fall!

Forgot to post here that I got confirmation: there are three NR either sex licenses available in G12 which were omitted from the brochure. It will be corrected online, but probably not in the printed brochure. May be a good year to apply for G12.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back