Caribou Gear Tarp

CO 1st season - the blood bath cometh

T Bone

Are you holding a 1st season bull tag? Please turn it in so I can grab it on the leftover list!

With more than a foot of snow in the high country, it's going to be some fantastic hunting!

Good luck!

I set up part of our camp last Sunday...I got up here this afternoon and it was buried and I was in 4 Low on the main road. No way we are getting the trailer in there so it’s Plan B for camping, but outside of the snow (soon to be mud) - it’s setting up great for the hunt itself!

I will be turning 1 in tomorrow I got a pleasant phone call today :)

Makes me wish I had applied this year.

In addition to tracking and easier spotting, is the tougher high country access likely to reduce pressure as well?

I have always hunted 1st Rifle and the past few years it has been TOUUUUUUUUUGH hunting with the weather in recent years. This year, I was an idiot and screwed up my tag application with the new CO tag system and now I'm even more angry with myself because of this great weather. I live at about 6500' and it's currently snowing as I look out the window. Awesome.

This year's weather is the complete opposite of each of the past few years. Bummed that I can't hunt until the general OTC season 2. Good luck and leave one for me if you're in unit 43 :)

Are you holding a 1st season bull tag? Please turn it in so I can grab it on the leftover list!

With more than a foot of snow in the high country, it's going to be some fantastic hunting!

Good luck!

Sorry, I've got a 4th season tag.

I heard Wolf Creek pass got 20" of the fluffy stuff.

not that I'm trying to add competition for myself but there are a good handfull of bull tags still available for just south...and the elk up there were going nuts this morning...

I'm up at 9500' in 55 right now. I bet a foot or more fell the last day and a half. It's a very wet heavy snow though. Melting fast. Bring your chains. Good luck!

I'm taking a friend out elk hunting, I've know him since preschool, he has never hunted anything other than small game (47 years old), it's gonna be piss you pants funny! Hopefully we at least see an elk.

Wolf Creek ski area will open this weekend!
We have resident elk bugling around our house at 9k, with snow on the ground. Glassing elk in meadows up to about 11k easy. The hard part is all the green still left on the trees. Should be fallen by the end of 1st or beginning of 2nd. A good wind event will help. I have NM 2nd and CO 3rd and 4th. It's gonna be cold this year! Good Luck to all

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back