Caribou Gear

Cloud Storage options?

2rocky

Looking for a cloud storage for my hard drive. Idea being total backup for switching to a new computer.

Is Google drive user friendly? Is it big enough?

Google is incredibly simple. If you exceed the free storage (15G) it is literally $1.99 a month for 100 gigs. Never trust a physical external hard drive - though cloud storage is actually physical storage somewhere else, at least it is backed up on the regular and in more than one place.

I bought the 200gig option. Problem is my files are network backed up so I need to find a work around. i think I might have to copy them on to my hard drive to sync.

Google for sure. I back up anything from my photos to og source codes with relative faith...

...to the point I do not know where my physical copies of the source codes are..

Like nameless said-cheap, effective, phone tablet or comp logins, though I personally don't find Gdrive for desktop to have the best deployment, but it does work.

Here's an idea of what amount of storage is, physically. Interesting more than anything.

The other option, is backup via image. I'm sure there's loads of options.

For reference, this'll last my probably 7-10 years before I would consider more. Screenshot_20230725_115145_Drive.jpg

I bought the 200gig option. Problem is my files are network backed up so I need to find a work around. i think I might have to copy them on to my hard drive to sync.
I found it easier to just create a shortcut folder I pinned to the sidebar tab deal thingy that backed up rather than full on gdrive for desktop.

If memory serves me, something about mirror vs streaming and how what backedup where is why i just made a folder that everything defaulted into.

Play around with it, it'll make sense.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back