Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

climbing tree stands

Rooster52

sugjestions on what light weight climbing tree stand to buy ?

Summit Viper SD ??

Last edited:
Is comfort an issue versus weight? I have used the Lone Wolf, API, and a couple of different Summit's. The most comfortable are the Summit Goliath but the easiest to carry was the Lone Wolf. Just FYI, if you are gonna sit in any of them all day, make sure it comes with a footrest or you can add one. Makes a ton of difference.

Love my summit, but only use it about once a year. They are noisy going up, so I feel like I need to be there half hour early to climb slowly. I also break a helluva sweat using it, so I hoist my warm clothes up with a rope, just like my bow. Best advice, go to a city park or a friends grove or public land nearby and practice on all sizes of trees, as you have to start out with it at an angle down low if you want it to level out when you get up higher and the trunk diameter gets smaller. Definitely the most comfortable stand for all day sits.

Got abunch of points on my credit card for Gander Mountain burning at me. The lone wolfe looks good but to expensive. I canget the Summit Viper sd for half the price and will do me what I would use it.

Thanks for the input.

I have used the Lone Wolf Alpha Climber for many years. (20 lbs)
It is very quiet and the platform is cast Aluminum ..very solid ..great bow hunting stand.
Have had many climbers including Trailhawk / Loggy Bayou / Tree Lounge.
Tree Lounge (27 lbs) is an excellent all day and gun stand with a seat belt since you will doze off.
Roger Raglin used to use the Tree Lounge in many of his early videos for bow or gun.
Many excellent used stands on Ebay or Craigs List.

10Dogs

I have had the Summit Viper SD for quite a few years and it is pretty awesome. It feels super safe when you get all nestled down in between the arm rests, actually hard to stay awake sometimes when that morning sun starts shining on you. the most frustrating thing about them in my area is finding a tree that you can climb, all our straight ash trees are dead now and the oaks have too many low branches

If your interested in the Lone Wolf, look up XOP Stands. I hear they are made from the same mold as the Lone Wolf and are half the price.

Dont know much about them other than the price is good, and the look just like a Lone Wolf

If your interested in the Lone Wolf, look up XOP Stands. I hear they are made from the same mold as the Lone Wolf and are half the price.

Dont know much about them other than the price is good, and the look just like a Lone Wolf

I don't have the XOP climber, but have a couple of the XOP hang on stands, I would definitely consider their climber for the price and comparable to Lone Wolf. Although comparing them both I give Lone Wolf a better review. The finish on the XOP platform has a slicker coating & seat pad not as good, other than that I don't see a difference side by side.

I have a Summit Viper and a Lone Wolf Assault and both are good products, the Lone Wolf is a better product but the Summit is my favorite of the two as it is a little more comfort focused and I just prefer a climber to an open hang on. The Lone Wolf seats are really comfortable for just being a pad, but its not full back support and Lone wolf is just super minimalistic.

Stealth strips which are adhesive backed felt pads make either stand a lot quieter.

I'm a huge lone wolf hang on stand fan. I take in 4 sticks and the bottom stick I made a rope ladder for so my first stick is about 8ft off the ground and from there I can about 20ft off the ground. The benefit of a hang on is you can sit in virtually any tree. I pack it in on public land hunts a lot.

Also as of last night it's very useful for when your 9 month old chocolate lab trees your girlfriends cat. Dang thing went 20ft up a tree, got up there and had the oh crap how do I get down look. Whelp broke out the sticks and went up after it lol

Had my Lone Wolf for 5 years now. If anything happened to it, I be buying another one ASAP. I've had several climbers over the years starting with a Baker, some sit better all day, non are more quiet, non are as easy to hook up, non pack as well. It has been the best all around stand for my style of hunting.

I have used the Lone Wolf Alpha Climber for many years. (20 lbs)
It is very quiet and the platform is cast Aluminum ..very solid ..great bow hunting stand.
Have had many climbers including Trailhawk / Loggy Bayou / Tree Lounge.
Tree Lounge (27 lbs) is an excellent all day and gun stand with a seat belt since you will doze off.
Roger Raglin used to use the Tree Lounge in many of his early videos for bow or gun.
Many excellent used stands on Ebay or Craigs List.

10Dogs

+1 for a Tree Lounge. If you get one used and it's one of the "newer" ones those are actually lighter than 27 pounds, they are about 19 lbs and if you can find it with the bow platform it's only about 24 pounds. I love mine and I don't think I will ever sell it even though I don't use it much.

Rooster,

You close to Billings, MT? I have a never been used Summit Climber Ive been debating on getting rid of. Cant remember exactly the model but I believe its the Viper Ultra?

Back