Clean coyote skull

Did you use the 40 vol whitener bit on this. I did my bear skull but feel like I could have left I on there a while longer .

Nice skull! Here is what I do with skulls. Boil in a pot at a rolling boil/simmer, for 40 minutes or so, with washing soda in the water. After boiling, hit it with a pressure washer to blow off the meat. Then, soak in peroxide for a day or two. Turns out great.

That looks great.
I’d like to ask about the “whitener” you mention. Hopefully it’s available in Oz.

Do you paint the stuff on the skulls once boiled ??

There are some good discussions on euro mounts on the forum. You can do it a lot of different ways, a lot of them will get you good results.

That skull came out really good. I've had problems in past overdoing the boil and losing some of the nose cartilage. It took me a few tries to get the timing right and to not overdo it.

White white isn't my thing I prefer the old ivory look with some tan and yellow aging so I don't overdo the peroxide either.

The trick is not to boil,just simmer.My first few Javelinas I had to find and replace all the teeth.
Also had some cracking on the skulls.A steady simmer will prevent both. 〽💥

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back