Yeti GOBOX Collection

Classic Rock/Hair Band Music(for a newbie)

teej89

Alright guys, I'm a big country fan everything up through the 90s and early 2000s but not much after that. My library is flooded w/ Ledoux, Waylon, Strait, Alabama, Tracey Lawernce, Sammy Kershaw, etc...

I grew up listening to country and also punk(I know, I know, I thought I was cool) I liked the energy in the punk music. However I have a new found love for classic rock and I'm looking for more opinions on bands or specific songs I haven't thought of. Also I'm hoping these fit in the genre of "classic rock".

Here's a list of what has been popping up on my random youtube playlists and I've been enjoying the energy and vibe. Oh and by the way, these concerts looked like a kickass time, if you've ever been to one I'd love to hear it. I think what I love the most is the intense percussion and guitars, just gets my foot tapping and head nodding ha!

Please post up specific songs, I'll listen to em and if I like it I'll give the post a "like" for feedback. Thanks!

Motley Crue:
Same Old Situation
Kickstart my Heart
Live Wire
Smokin in the Boys Room
Wild Side
Shout at the Devil

Van Halen:
Panama
Jump
Runnin w/ the Devil
Hot For Teacher

Poison:
Fallen Angel

Bon Jovi:
You give love a bad name
Bad Medicine
It's My Life
Runaway

Alice Cooper:
Poison

Last edited:
I believe you inadvertently started the Friday music thread...

Do yourself a favor and check out Whiskey Myers. Not exactly classic rock, but I would say more of a southern rock with a hint of country. If your looking for energized songs, check out Mud, Headstone, Deep Down in the South, Frogman, etc...they have some slower stuff you might like as well like Virginia, Stone, Broken Window Serenade. Their live shows are like nothing I have ever seen though. They play their tails off and it is high energy all night typically in smaller venues. If you get a chance then take it!!!

AC/DC Shoot to thrill
Crue Kickstart my heart
Lillian Axe (local to N.O.) Those who Prey
Zebra Take the ribbon from your hair or Who's behind the door
Alter Bridge (Members of Creed minus Scott Stepp, added Myles Kennedy) Rise Today

Not fitting into above class of musicians, but take a quick listen to Liliac. All family members that will leave you shaking your head in disbelief. Namely check out their Ronnie James Dio cover "Rainbow in the Dark".
edited to add: METALLICA !! Enter Sandman

Last edited:
Do yourself a favor and check out Whiskey Myers. Not exactly classic rock, but I would say more of a southern rock with a hint of country. If your looking for energized songs, check out Mud, Headstone, Deep Down in the South, Frogman, etc...they have some slower stuff you might like as well like Virginia, Stone, Broken Window Serenade. Their live shows are like nothing I have ever seen though. They play their tails off and it is high energy all night typically in smaller venues. If you get a chance then take it!!!

yup I've heard of whiskey myers, used to listen to em all the time! Also turnpike troubadours

AC/DC Shoot to thrill
Crue Kickstart my heart
Lillian Axe (local to N.O.) Those who Prey
Zebra Take the ribbon from your hair
Alter Bridge (Members of Creed minus Scott, add Myles Kennedy) Rise Today

Take a quick listen to Liliac. All family members that will leave you shaking your head in disbelief. Namely check out their Ronnie James Dio cover "Rainbow in the Dark".

liliac! Are these all chics? Good stuff!

ACDC shoot to thrill is a thumbs up too

I'll get on the rest after

Last edited:
No, they're brothers and sisters managed by their parents. Daughter is lead singer and bass player another daughter is drummer, and 3 sons play keyboards, lead guitar and another plays rhythm guitar. They do a great job on everything- check out Metallica Enter Sandman by them

No, they're brothers and sisters managed by their parents. Daughter is lead singer and bass player another daughter is drummer, and 3 sons play keyboards, lead guitar and another plays rhythm guitar. They do a great job on everything- check out Metallica Enter Sandman by them

dude this family is bunch of rockers! The girls voice is sick too!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back