Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Chucker Information and maps

Mule man

Getting a new dog soon and would like to chase some chuckars. I'm 70 but not in to bad of shape (yet). Would like to hunt out of Fallon Nevada for a change in scenery ,also my head for the Black Rock desert on my trip. Anyone have info on these areas and possibly were I can find GOOD maps. At my age I promise I won't be an impact on your area....lol

You might want to get a guzzler map from NDOW. They are quite helpful for getting to some areas to start looking and listening. I can't even count how many times we've found chukar and quail just by listening for them.
Good luck to you.

You might want to get a guzzler map from NDOW. They are quite helpful for getting to some areas to start looking and listening. I can't even count how many times we've found chukar and quail just by listening for them.
Good luck to you.
I do want to get a map, wish they would take a c-card

Been hearing they stay close to year round water sources, pretty hard to find that when it’s been so dry all summer.

I map all water sources I can find in onx before going out. Springs are one color and guzzlers (yes, they're all on there) are another. Not that it has helped us any. In Southern Nevada, where it hasn't rained it more than 6 months now, the hatch has been and will be horrible. Moving north where water is less of an issue should be better. NDOW also puts out GIS species map data that can be overlaid on Google Earth Pro.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back