MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Christmas Ideas

Rugged Dude

Hey Guys,
I'm an avid hunter/outdoorsman like most of us on here. I've got a huge family, and for Christmas we draw a few names. Well, one of them I drew is my 10 year old nephew. This kid is crazy about hunting. His Dad not so much. He went deer hunting for the first time this year. Sort of been teaching himself to bowhunt, and he bought my Dad's old shotgun. They live about a thousand miles from me or I'd have a more active role in his outdoor adventures. So, here's my question. For the life of me I can't come up with any great ideas for a gift for him. Our limit is about 25 bucks and I don't wanna buy some piece of garbage that will only last a year or two. Any help???
Thanks!

Buy him a nice skinning knife or some fresh tracks oyoa DVDs that he can watch to inspire him for hunting in the west with his uncle someday. My two cents fwiw.

Bino harness
Good socks
Gloves
Camo shirt
Primos bow sling
Headlamp or flashlight
Fire starter
Scent washes and sprays/wind indicator
Calls

Or the magic of an outdoor stores gift card. $25 can get a kid some cool stuff, hell, I think I'm going to send this list out to my family.

I second the knife idea. It is practical and can be used for a long time. I'm not sure what's out there for under $25 but I'd bet you can find something sturdy and durable, even if it isn't super fancy.

A good knife (even some for under $25) will last a lifetime. Although a magazine subscription or two would inspire for a year or beyond. Outdoor Life, Field and Stream, Western/Elk Hunter. I also ask my parents to renew my NRA and RMEF membership each year. A gift that keeps on giving...

How about subscriptions to a few hunting magazines? I used to drool over every issue of Outdoor Life when I was younger. It kept me thinking about hunting and fishing year-round. It's something he could look forward to getting each month.

Beat me to it. What I would do.

How about subscriptions to a few hunting magazines? I used to drool over every issue of Outdoor Life when I was younger. It kept me thinking about hunting and fishing year-round. It's something he could look forward to getting each month.

If you sign him up for an NRA membership it's only $25 right now and he'll get a monthly magazine of your choice and a nice knife as a thank you for joining. That will kill two birds with one stone!

A high quality headlamp would be a great gift. I have a Petzl and it's awesome. Every good hunter needs a good head lamp and a high quality one is $25-30.

Get him a membership to the RMEF! He'll get some great reading material and be a member of the greatest conservation group. Better yet take to a dinner when you visit if that works out. He' ll get a knife probably. I also like the knife and if it's over the 25$ limit you're buying him a gift that May last his life time!

What about a mag subscription, and start applying him for special tags to "Build bonus points" somewhere close to him. RMEF subscription comes with bugle.

Thanks guys, a bunch of great ideas. I am not a rich guy, but also don't hold to the 25 bucks very well at all. Heck I'm a giver. I think a magazine subscription and a knife is what I'm gonna shoot for. They don't call me Uncle Awesome for nuthin!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back