Children Don’t Pass Coronavirus to Adults

I'd be shocked if that was true...
Pretty vague article without any data from tests or trials.. I don't put much stock in it. Everyone has their opinions and agenda in this situation and my guess is this is something people want to believe because their current situation is that they as sick of playing teacher and day care for the kids and want schools to open. On the flip side I hope it is true.

This would be good news if we could prove it. It is a case where the media makes the headline more absolute than the actual story. The word Don't sounds so definitive, when we can't prove it with any data. At least the actual article was more clear, although the headline is what people mostly read.

Children contract the coronavirus less often and with less severity than the general population, and there’s limited evidence so far that children pass the disease to others in significant numbers, according to a new report.

If you believe that then you're most likely one of the people that believed Trump that injecting bleach/disinfectant killed it. More and more children now are getting "Covid toes"

About as believable as Joe Biden's comment a Corona virus cure will make the problem worse!

Haha! At least the idea children don't pass c-19 is, hopeful(?) 🙂

I hear the naysayers and understand. But please point me to one article that states an adult caught coronavirus from a child. I’ve looked and found nothing.

Buloney. Children are virtual petri dishes. When our kids were young and in school, it was a competition to see which one brought the worst "plague" home to "mom and dad", from influenza to strep to whooping cough.

It doesn’t fit the narrative. That means it’s wrong.

Should it not be obvious that if your immune system beats a virus quickly that you shed a lot fewer virus particles than if you come down with symptoms and are ill for an extended period? The same should apply to coughing, sneezing, mucus productions etc.

All that said, I’m sure some parents have been infected by their children. There are some obvious flaws in the logic of “no documented cases of child to adult transmission means that children don’t transmit the virus to adults”. First, most children who contract it will never have the symptoms that result in being tested. Second, their parents, being of child bearing age, will also rarely end up being tested. Third, their parents probably have the opportunity to pick it up quite a few other places, which means that directly linking it to the child isn’t easy. A young person who shakes off a virus in a day or two with hardly a sniffle is most likely going to infect far fewer people than the average. If that person only contacts a handful of people no older than their parents, then you probably won’t see a lot cases of children infecting old people who then go on to die as a direct result. I wouldn’t say that makes a good case for grandma and grandpa kissing their snot nosed grandchildren completely free of risk.

Buloney. Children are virtual petri dishes. When our kids were young and in school, it was a competition to see which one brought the worst "plague" home to "mom and dad", from influenza to strep to whooping cough.
I hear you.
But the head of Swiss medicine disagrees.

Seems like a very broad statement in the very early stage of research into this virus. It can often take 6 months or more for articles to get through peer review and edits yet these reports are coming out in a month or two.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back