Chevelon Canyon in 4B

JohnSWA

Senior Thread Mover
Hey folks. I'm thinking of camping at the Chevelon Canyon area for my Muzz tag. I scouted the whole area of 4B... of course I didn't cover every square inch, but I think that this would be a good area to concentrate on. I only had about 6 hours to scout that day, but I plan on spending the whole weekend scouring the area.

I'm not asking for anyone to tell me where the elk are in this area, but I wouldn't mind if someone could tell me if I'm on the right track. This is my first elk hunt and I'm solo this time.

If you have hunted this area, I would sure appreciate any suggestions you may have!

Thanks and good hunting!
elkgrin.gif

Whooee! Just scouted for a couple days and we finally got some rain! Yeah, we got some major wind gusts too!

Saw plenty of sign. Hard to tell if it was fresh with all of the rain, but some of it looked pretty good. Didn't see any animals, but saw a lot of bow hunters! (go figure... LOL!)

Don't these durned elk know that it's just lil ol me? I don't want to shoot them (yet), I just want to take a few pics for my buds at "Moosies"!

Stupid animals! LOL!
elkgrin.gif
hump.gif

John,

Ive been busy on working on my truck trying to get it done for my hunt coming up.

If ya give me a call sometime after 8pm at the shop or home I can fill you in on the spots I know.

Its been 2 years since Ive been up there but use to hunt it alot, hey its a starting point anyhow.

Delw

Back