Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Cheapest Non-Lead .22 LR

50 yards, best I could get was a 3" group out of a bolt gun that I know is an accurate shooter with regular CCI's
250fps slower than the advertised speed, I won't buy Norma .22 again.

I have a brick of the CCI lead free I need to try out next
Thank you for this feedback. This information was quite helpful. It is my intention to try this ammunition; however, based on reports from multiple forum users, I intend on conducting thorough testing. This will be especially true if I have the opportunity to open fire on the skunks. I find tracking wounded skunks to be very dangerous, so it is important that a lethal shot is delivered immediately and accurately.

Thank you for this feedback. This information was quite helpful. It is my intention to try this ammunition; however, based on reports from multiple forum users, I intend on conducting thorough testing. This will be especially true if I have the opportunity to open fire on the skunks. I find tracking wounded skunks to be very dangerous, so it is important that a lethal shot is delivered immediately and accurately.
"the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth" . All others need not reply.

In the words of Robert Ruark, "Use Enough Gun". It is inadvisable to hunt dangerous game with any caliber which doesn't begin with a .3 or .4. Some might choose a .308 or the venerable 30.06, but one would never be under-gunned with a .375 H&H, ideally with controlled round feed and a low power variable, such as the excellent Zeiss Dialyt models, as one must be prepared in case of a charge.

Hammer makes excellent copper bullets in .375.

Additionally, any rifle or scope system can fail, and it would be wise to be backed up by a seasoned shooter with an open-sighted double rifle, in, say .375 H&H for ammunition commonality, or, for additional stopping power, .416 Rigby or .404 Jeffries. Copper projectiles in .404 may be more difficult to find, however.

Safety is the first priority!

Last edited:
We have to use lead free ammo for hunting here. I’ve used the cci copper stuff and Winchester tin ammo. I’m not sure if you’re plinking or hunting with it, but I’ve shot a couple of squirrels with the copper cci ammo and haven’t really been impressed. I hit one that promptly dropped to a lower branch, hit it again, and it fell limp to the ground. By the time I got there it was gone. Another i had to hit twice. It just seems to zip through them without doing much damage. Maybe it’s just me.

That’s a really good point! I don’t think after 6 years of Spanish in school that I could instruct someone to open a milk carton using Spanish.
Its easy, you just talk really slow
and very loudly in English and use your hands alot. All other low IQ cultures immediatley comprehend and very much appreciate your effort and patience. Especially those who were doctors in their home country.

Back