Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Cheap Whitetail Pedestal Mount

DRAFTSTUD

Last year a close friend's son who lives north of Houston shot a nice 8 point. They wanted to do something with it, just not really mount it. My friend said he was going to buy a Kit to mount it and I told him to bring it to me and I would do a special plaque for him.
I made a Template of the State of Texas, transferred it to a large pine board that I cut out. After sanding and staining, it just wasn't what I wanted, so I sanded it again and bought a can of Textured Stone Spray Paint. It looked so cool and even felt just like rock, just lighter. I then took a couple of old Horse shoes and welded them as the Base with a curved piece of Flatstock with the end flat to attach to the Plaque with 2 screw holes. I then cleaned up my welds, steel wooled the metal and used Cold Bluing to keep the Rustic look going.
After attaching the Antlers to the Plaque with 2 screws I attached the Plaque to the base.
picture.php

The young man was real pleased with his Pedestal Mount. John

Last edited:
Wow. That's great John. I may have to give that a try. On a side note, I found a rock that looked EXACTLY like Texas on the river this summer. I mean exactly. I have a buddy that lives down there, so I mailed it to him. When it finally arrived, he called me and asked why I mailed him a box a rocks. Never figured the USPS could break a ROCK in transit. Again, great job.

Very nice...My Taxi did something like that for my Blackbuck, taken on a bowhunt in Buda. One of my favorites!

Attachments

• BlackBuck.jpg
    BlackBuck.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 2,095
Now that is a good Google search.

I have been to Brady, Texas, the geographical center of it all. Color me special.:D

Attachments

• tumblr_l20brwuIWp1qbkyhho1_500.jpg
    tumblr_l20brwuIWp1qbkyhho1_500.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,191
Now that is a good Google search.

I have been to Brady, Texas, the geographical center of it all. Color me special.:D

...the most recognizeable icon on the planet....makes all the other states look like ugly sisters.

...google it.;)

Not sure it is more recognizable than this shape and great state; I just put together a snazzy plaque for my 2010 elk:eek:

Attachments

• 0117110933[1].jpg
    0117110933[1].jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,146
Rose colored glasses ye Texans have:p

Attachments

• tumblr_l1yuh8O1Kz1qbkyhho1_500.jpg
    tumblr_l1yuh8O1Kz1qbkyhho1_500.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,028
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics