Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Chauffeurs, Money Men and poor excuses for guides.

Kevin W

My brother and I took our son's out to Wyoming for their first big game hunts a couple days ago. My brother and I didn't have tags nor have we ever personally taken pronghorn bucks. Therefore we were chauffeurs, money men and poor excuses for guides!!! The storm wasn't ideal and cost us 1/2 day of hunting and some dicey driving to Laramie. The cold and wind made conditions tough but the boys were real troopers and came through like champs!!!! Be sure to check out my sons hoodie draw strings in my nephew Brian's goat pic. The wind has them absolutely sideways!!!! Luckily we had a private ranch to hunt lined up after a rancher and his wife found out the boys were on their first hunt. The Savage 6.5 creedmore's performed flawlessly too, for those interested my son's has a Vortex scope and nephews has Nikon both BDC models.

Attachments

• Mikes buck.jpg
    Mikes buck.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 168
  • Mikes pack out.jpg
    Mikes pack out.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 176
  • Brians buck.jpg
    Brians buck.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 168
Congrats to all involved! The funnest hunts I've been on have been taking my sons pronghorn hunting, just wish I would have started when they were young like you did.

Congrats!! Sounds like a great time. Guiding your kids to successful hunt conclusions never gets old.

Congrats ! I'm not surprised at all you found access for the kids, seems even the crustiest old landowners like seeing the young ones get started hunting.
Hope the drive home was safe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back