Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Changing Colors.............

ihuntelk

Aspens are turning Gold, Shuttle T's are turning red and Easton Injexion's are turning a frothy pink. Love this time of year!
-Cade

29.jpg

Wasn't going to drag this out for a day and a half. WiFi at the camper is a little sketchy and wouldn't connect last night.

Probably more pics than prose.............

Saw some awesome country.
1.jpg
3.jpg
6.jpg

Saw a few elk.
2.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Some were really close.
4.jpg
5.jpg
10.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg

Ate gourmet food and drank from clear mountain streams.
11.jpg
16.jpg

Found a crime scene and called the authorities. Culprit couldn't decide whether to plead insanity or self-defense. Legal team is still counseling.
23.jpg

Guess there's nothing cute to say about walking up on a scene like this.............................. :rolleyes:
17.jpg

Several mug shots were taken. The culprit complained that it's REALLY hard to get good field pics when you're alone and not tough enough to move an elk by yourself.
21.jpg
18.jpg

Spent WAY TOO much time in my luxurious condo with rain, fog and snow hampering my attempt to remove the evidence.
25.jpg
26.jpg
28.jpg

All in all it was a great hunt. Lost a good buddy the weekend before and was lucky enough to spend 3 days helping his family/friends get ready for a service. 42 is way too young to go to bed and not get up. Was worried about losing half of my elk hunting days but am grateful I could help out. Backpacked in Monday afternoon and set up base camp. Had 7 bulls under 50 yards on Tuesday. Shot him that evening and spend most of Wednesday making trips to camp. Thursday was spent hauling protein to the truck. Friday morning was spent hauling camp out. I really enjoy hunting solo but have hauled my last 2 bulls by myself. That gets a little old................

Hope everyone is having a great year. We're trying to balance a few more tags with volleyball season. I'm sure we'll get it figured out. Grateful for all the opportunities Wyoming has to offer.............
-Cade

I really enjoy hunting solo but have hauled my last 2 bulls by myself. That gets a little old................

-Cade

I have a strong back, legs, and lungs, as well as a fairly warped sense of humor.

Edit: That's a hell of a bull for SE Wyoming.

Enjoyed the write up and pics. That is a wonderful looking specimen - love the walnut colored rack.

Man that's a beautiful bull, congrats! Great looking elk country to spend some time in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back