Catastrophic Point Creep in Golf

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
Its as though Wyoming is the only state to hunt these days.
Well per HT:
Montana is completely devoid of game, it's all been slaughter in the name of insta fame by wanna be influencers, greedy private landowners, and greedy outfitters.
Idaho... have you every tried to get a tag for Idaho, in the last 2 years? It's hands down the biggest CF out there. You basically have to take the day off work, sit at your computer and hope that when, and if, you get access there is a tag you actually want to buy.
CO - Point creep issues, over-crowding issues that make the two above look like some post-apocalyptic Hollywood movie. Plus the wolves are on the threshold of eating all the elk, all 300k of them.
NM - no dice on a tag 'less your a landowner, plus there's no water
AZ - just no dice unless you've been investing for decades, plus again, there's no water
UT - See above. It's a pattern in the SW
NV - Hardly any elk, but sure you might draw a tag once in a blue moon, that would be sweet.
OR - Cam Hanes killed them all, and you can't get a tag unless you're a landowner
WA - Regulations only allow you to kill an elk if you're standing on one foot (your left) and the elk is facing south; you can only hunt on odd numbered days when the moon is waxing, all bulls harvest must only have 4-6" spikes on one side at an 76-83 deg angle from vertical when the head is up and looking at you, and it must have been birthed on an even numbered day. But we have plenty of OTC tags, so come on over, ton of "opportunity"

I started buying WY elk points in 2017, with the goal of archery hunting the general tag in 2017 or 2018. I didn't draw and got a point in '17.

Then I moved to MT, and changed tactics. I started banking WY points with the goal of eventually hunting a better elk unit in Wyoming while I learned the ropes (and associated hard lessons) here. I also started getting some antelope and deer points, with the hope of one day going on a better hunt there while learning in Montana.

There are 21,000 people with more elk points than myself- not counting the ones with the same points I'll have to draw against. I'm not sure there are that many "mid-range" or "excellent" draw tags that will be issued over the next 10 years.

I fear that ship might have sailed on getting a "good" tag, so I think I'll just have to start applying anywhere I can to get something within this lifetime.

I started buying WY elk points in 2017, with the goal of archery hunting the general tag in 2017 or 2018. I didn't draw and got a point in '17.

Then I moved to MT, and changed tactics. I started banking WY points with the goal of eventually hunting a better elk unit in Wyoming while I learned the ropes (and associated hard lessons) here. I also started getting some antelope and deer points, with the hope of one day going on a better hunt there while learning in Montana.

There are 21,000 people with more elk points than myself- not counting the ones with the same points I'll have to draw against. I'm not sure there are that many "mid-range" or "excellent" draw tags that will be issued over the next 10 years.

I fear that ship might have sailed on getting a "good" tag, so I think I'll just have to start applying anywhere I can to get something within this lifetime.
So wait I'm confused...

When did you take up golf?

In MT?

So wait I'm confused...

When did you take up golf?

In MT?
No, I took up hunting "opportunity" in MT. Also known as freezing my tail off with rifle in hand, watching forkie mule deer looking over their shoulders. It'll be a cold day in hell before I take up "Whack-f^$%". I call it that, because all you hear from the course is *whack*.."F^$%!!!"

I'll stick to fishing- I'm better at it.

No, I took up hunting "opportunity" in MT. Also known as freezing my tail off with rifle in hand, watching forkie mule deer looking over their shoulders. It'll be a cold day in hell before I take up "Whack-f^$%". I call it that, because all you hear from the course is *whack*.."F^$%!!!"

I'll stick to fishing- I'm better at it.
but brah...

It's really got it all... reckless driving... beer drinking...

and like sweet "digi" camo pants for $150.

Plus I bet there is better service for all those gram photos
1655318473944.png

but brah...

It's really got it all... reckless driving... beer drinking...

and like sweet "digi" camo pants for $150.

Plus I bet there is better service for all those gram photos
View attachment 226162

They don't even come in my size. This is skinny guy size-ism again.

I'll hunt OTC roosevelt tags with 4% harvest success until I die over taking up golf.

Glad to see ya'll recovering up there, not many schools could bounce back from...

View attachment 226169

Apologize in advance for further hijack, but I had to google Larry Craig. Wiki page is hilarious.

What a quote for a US Senator:
"The American people already know that Bill Clinton is a bad boy – a naughty boy. I'm going to speak out for the citizens of my state, who in the majority think that Bill Clinton is probably even a nasty, bad, naughty boy."

Glad to see ya'll recovering up there, not many schools could bounce back from...

View attachment 226169
More embarrassing than that, Palin and I also went to the same High School! Which is kinda like going to the 13th grade in Boise...

The Larry Craig thing... Well, people that are the most anti-gay and/or homophobic... don't look too deep into their closets.

To get things away from Vandals bashing and back on elk-

After looking into things- there are approx 1,100 limited quota elk tags issued to NR every year under the new 90/10 model. I'm not good at modeling, but that doesn't exactly look good for me drawing a "premium" unit in the coming years with 21,000 folks ahead of me. Need to make some friends that are willing to go suffer through an elk hunt in northern WY, but I think I can draw one of the mid-tier units by working the system.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back