Caribou Gear

Catastrophic Point Creep in Golf

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
Bro look at me over here. I thought I was so cool buying my little antelope points through college and grad school. "When I get out of school I'm going to be ahead of the game." Naive millennial. I think I'm approximately dead ass even to where I was when I started in 2018 when it comes to odds.

Like I'm a point behind the same exact units as 2019 😭
I started buying points in 2011 for an antelope area that took 3 points. I still don’t have enough to draw it.

2 pts of WY creep this year puts me squarely in OTC or leftover country (again) and even further behind than i was last year...but not golf! Never golf. Too easy.

Of course, my hunting trips usually turn out to be just camping and hiking trips so maybe I should just do that, save the "unsuccessful draw" disappointment, and be 8lbs lighter on the trail.

Bro look at me over here. I thought I was so cool buying my little antelope points through college and grad school. "When I get out of school I'm going to be ahead of the game." Naive millennial. I think I'm approximately dead ass even to where I was when I started in 2018 when it comes to odds.

Like I'm a point behind the same exact units as 2019 😭
EC638D49-F8BC-4CAE-93F1-4C5D48D18885.gif

This is a report created back in 2020 showing the number of people who did not apply for a tag, and only purchased a point after the draw. As Randy has pointed out on several occasions, these people don't show up on the demand reports and are essentially invisible to the applicant. It doesn't take very many to come off the bench and add a cpl more points to what appears to be 100% odds.

1.jpg

This is a report created back in 2020 showing the number of people who did not apply for a tag, and only purchased a point after the draw. As Randy has pointed out on several occasions, these people don't show up on the demand reports and are essentially invisible to the applicant. It doesn't take very many to come off the bench and add a cpl more points to what appears to be 100% odds.

View attachment 226129

Back