Caribou hunt was successful

Daniel in Ak

Well I managed to put a little meat in the freezer and ho! boy do I have some awesome pictures,but so good I'd like to copyright some of them,so how do I go about that?
Erik thanks for the tips again budmost animals close to the road hung around Atigun and Sta. #3 but there where hundreds way off the road near Toolik.I managed some great belly crawling stalks of a 100 yards or so on some animals and brother let me tell you when a covey of Ptarmigan go beyond 500 birds its officially called bird herds,yeah we saw about a 1000 birds in one herd it was unbelievable.Will get pictures up when I get time,I have lots of work to do now.Thanks agian Daniel

Congrats bro, but what kind of a tease is that?? Give us some photos!! We'll even take the 'not so good' shots.
I assume you used your bow, that close to the pipe?
details details!!

Congrats on the hunt Daniel. I'm envious as hell, but my day will be here soon. Only a little over a week before I step foot off the plane in Anchorage. Looking damn forward to it!

If you need some help with the copyright, I can watermark the pics for you with my photoshop program. Email them to [email protected] if you want.

Congrats Daniel.

Not to give legal advice in Alaska, but you might do a quick Google search, and you will likely find out that all pictures are already copyrighted, without you doing any effort. If you want to do something, you can put a copyright notice on the pictures.

If you want to keep them from being re-used, send them to Ovis and get them watermarked, so that the pictures are essentially "ruined" for reproduction. Copyrights are violated on the Net all the time.

Cool dude, can't wait to see the pic's. My house will be complete when I get a big 'bou hanging on the wall. (OK there will always be more stuff I want to hunt, but for know a big 'bou.) Congrat's, I'm wishing I would have taken a job up there in the Northern God's country. MT being the southern one.

Scott

ok!ok! hold on fellas.I was so freaking busy I havent had time to save the pictures etc...and we had to go pick up the new boat(suppose ya'll wanna see that too? :) And Im gonna take Ovis up on his watermarking (thanks a ton bud)
As you read this Im emailing Ovis but I'll get some pictures up tonight for ya'll.Daniel

Pictures are here.

ok! I know Im going to get some ribbing for this so lets have it.But first here is the story.
As we are driving along we spotted a lone animal way off in the distance and my partners yell there's an old lone bull and it looks to be feeding this way.So I spot an area where some Caribou crossed the road and two of us bailed out 50 yards apart either side of the trail,and lo and behold it's feeding our way now,but stops to eye some Caribou a looooooooooooooooooong way off and what is strange is it heads away from them and towards us.
AT 30 yards it stops and offered me a broadside shot.....so Im a meat hunter and bambi no longer exists :) and I still had another tag to fill.
IMG_2708.jpg

BTW! momma says its gonna be good eating.
And boy-oh-boy wait till you see what Im stalking in this picture.
sheep03.jpg

How bout a little ol' Ram.
IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

I was only about 20 yards from these sheep when I got close and this Ewe presented me with some spectacular photographs......yeah! she was a poser.
IMG_2840.jpg

Of course I had to get a picture with me in there.
IMG_2839.jpg

We got a little to close for comfort and he got out of his bed,but hey this presented me with more pictures besides him laying there.
IMG_2835.jpg

And here is looking back as Im following him.
IMG_2837.jpg

I actually climbed up to where the ram was bedded and when the ewe peeked around there I was maybe 20 foot away,and she casually climbed up higher which made her dang near straight up from me and maybe 20-30 foot away.
IMG_2849.jpg

Eventually the ram followed suite and turned back to check on his harem and gave me this awesome shot.
IMG_2856.jpg

With this I hope everyone who views this picture realizes how majestic these animals are and I thank God that I was fortunate enough to enjoy my twenty minutes with them.Daniel

Great pics (and congrats on the baby bou ;) :D ) those skylined sheep almost look 3D in those last two pictures.....thanks for the share!!

Thanks for the Pict. I would have shot that if I needed the food to. After you put it in the freezer no one will even know that it was a baby and you had to wipe the milk of before the Pict.:D :D Good job.

Thanks fellas......and btw! when I shot my ahem! baby bou it was 21 below,as I was taking photos of the sheep it was 14 below and by the time we got on the southside of the range we finally hit 35 above.Daniel

Daniel you’re an idiot to put those photo of your self killing a baby! What meat hunter? A caribou that age has maybe 35 pounds of meat on it! It was born 5 months ago. The rest of you guys who are clapping for this nonsense are clowns too! The Sheep are not any where near legal so why the belly crawl? Great Photo Opp!

I am lucky enough to live right in the middle of the Western Arctic Caribou Herd and when my buddies from the lower 48 come up I would refuse to take that kind of kill back in my boat. Dude would you be that proud if you shot bambie back home?

Wow guys lets think about what we are calling Great!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back