PEAX Equipment

Cargo Trailer ????

buckykm1

I currently have a 6' x 14' tandem axel V nose cargo trailer that is about 4,200 load, and I get about 11 mpg running at 78 mph with it, with my Silverado 5.3.

I am going to buy a 8.5' X 25' tandem axel with the wedge nose, loaded it will be about 6000 lbs.

anyone pulling a large cargo trailer ?, to give me a idea how much it will effect my mileage ?.

I would think that the 5' wedge nose would help mileage verses a 2' V nose ?.

Thanks
Kevin

I get about12 with my 14 foot and 8 pulling my 28 foot.Driving Ford Expedition 5.4 .

I don't think you're going to see much of a difference. Anytime you have a heavy load and the engine is working harder, it uses more fuel.

Just think some day you may be able to buy a TRUCK. Ford F250. Didn't take any Tax Payer Money either.

lol

Just think some day you may be able to buy a TRUCK. Ford F250. Didn't take any Tax Payer Money either.

If I didn't see so many of them broke down along the road, every time I go out west Elk hunting I might do that. lol
and the F250 doesn't get that good of mileage.
But a Ford would definitely be a improvement over a Toyota. lol

Kevin

Your going to be towing more weight so I think your mileage will be less. Not sure that the v nose will make a ton of difference. Does not matter what truck you have you will get lower mileage when towing. I'm lucky to get 10mpg towing with my diesel.

buckykm1, The Fords you are talking about sitting on the side of the road are not BROKE DOWN. They are just waiting for CHEVY's to catch up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think you have enough truck. Thas a lot of weight to control with a lightweight vehicle. You'll get passed by every Ford on the road too. :)

Fords ECOTECH v6 motor has great towing capability. My sons work truck has this motor and I am impressed,pulls better than my 5.4 v8.Also gets 6 mpg better than my 5.4.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back