Car Insurance Rates

jt13

Over the course of the last 12 months my car insurance rates with Progressive have increased by 34%.

Anyone else seeing rate hikes like this?

I was told the rates went up for a number of reasons but mainly that "the number of accidents and traffic citations associated with your zip code is on the rise".... my zip code is home to a whopping 16k people. Hard to imagine they all spontaneously started driving crazy

Over the course of the last 12 months my car insurance rates with Progressive have increased by 34%.

Anyone else seeing rate hikes like this?

I was told the rates went up for a number of reasons but mainly that "the number of accidents and traffic citations associated with your zip code is on the rise".... my zip code is home to a whopping of 16k people. Hard to imagine they all spontaneously started driving crazy
No. I dumped them years ago for AAA.

I have progressive and have noticed the same thing. Anyone have a good place to check out for better rates?

I have Allstate and the same thing. I checked around and it seemed they are all significantly higher. I ended up putting my truck and camper in storage. Driving a 27 mpg beater I can use PLPD on.

This inflation has far outpaced my VA benefits that we are budget for. We are starting to really feel it as everything is costing wayyy more.

I got progressive and mine hasn't gone up, maybe it will when I renew in December.
Likely what will happen, just had my renewal go through which is why I noticed.

I spent some time getting quotes from all the major companies this afternoon and they've all increased rates. Progressive is actually still the cheapest by a small margin.
This inflation has far outpaced my VA benefits that we are budget for. We are starting to really feel it as everything is costing wayyy more.
Gotta love when 9% inflation makes the price of everything go up by 20% or more

Wait until you get the homeowners quote.
Yep. & our ISD budget just ticked an 8mil shortfall due to student attrition...while in the midst of a 350mil school bond construction and the all too frequent circumstance of the superintendent and CFO jumping ship for greener pastures.

Likely what will happen, just had my renewal go through which is why I noticed.

I spent some time getting quotes from all the major companies this afternoon and they've all increased rates. Progressive is actually still the cheapest by a small margin.

Gotta love when 9% inflation makes the price of everything go up by 20% or more
Gotta love it when uncle Sam is cooking the books making thing appear better than they really are.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back