MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Cancer SUCKS!!!

Very sorry to hear this.

Prayers sent to the family.

It seems there are a lot of brain tumors being diagnosed in recent years.

Yes cancer does suck. Last month after 6 years of buying points I talked to my outfitter and applied for my dream hunt on a saturday afternoon. Sunday night I pee-ed blood, monday I went to the Doc they did alot of tests, tuesday he called me and said I had Kinney cancer. Thursday more tests. Friday they took it out and said it was stage 4,and I also had it on my lungs liver and pelvic bone. I started treatment the following week.Last week I drew my tag & called my outfitter. F--K cancer I'm going Elk hunting this fall,Thats that. My prayers are also with Jim and his Family

Critter - that is definitely lousy news and our thoughts and prayers are with you and your buddy's family. Our cousin's mom was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor and was given 6-12 months. She was around for 10 years after her diagnosis. She passed away about a month ago. Obviously everyone reacts differently to treatment but if it's any help, I would be glad to get the name of the medicine she was on or any other data you may find helpful. I could get your buddy in touch with my cousin if he wanted to ask some questions as he was just through this entire ordeal.

Best,
Rob

Prayers from Oregon too. Our friends the Monagons youngest, Aden, has what sounds like the same thing. 4 years old and will likely not make it through the week,

Cancer does SUCK.

Temodar? Oral chemo?

Critter - that is definitely lousy news and our thoughts and prayers are with you and your buddy's family. Our cousin's mom was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor and was given 6-12 months. She was around for 10 years after her diagnosis. She passed away about a month ago. Obviously everyone reacts differently to treatment but if it's any help, I would be glad to get the name of the medicine she was on or any other data you may find helpful. I could get your buddy in touch with my cousin if he wanted to ask some questions as he was just through this entire ordeal.

Best,
Rob

Sorry to hear. Prayers your way!!! I have been affected by cancer way to many times. Not myself but family members it sucks for sure!

Sorry for the bad news. It does really make a person think how lucky they are to be healthy and be able to do all that we do. My prayers are with your friend and his family.
My prayers go out to Utah400 and your family and all others with this bad news as well!

I was thinking to do the same thing! I have a trip planned out of town that weekend but I can get the details for a team......will get back to you.

Matt,

Let me know what you guys come up with as far as the team sponorship details. I cannot be there obviously, but would like to donate to OYOA team pool. Please post details of where we can send a check, for the guys too far away to join in.

Critter, I'm sorry to hear about your friend, utelk, you have our thoughts. Cancer is does not discriminate, I can't think of anyone I'd wish it on, sometimes the only hope is to maintain your dignity. May we all avoid cancer if possible.

Those that know me on a personal level know that it almost got me, so I have a personal hate for it.
If this Dodge ball tourney needs any door prizes or something like that I will donate a pair of Theron Binos to the cause. PM me on what the details are.

okay so here is what my cousin's mom's treatment looked like. Avastin and cpt11 for chemo, radiation and gamma knife (pinpoint radiation). then switched the cpt11 to carboplatin because there was some growth and the new treatment stopped it.

Those that know me on a personal level know that it almost got me, so I have a personal hate for it.
If this Dodge ball tourney needs any door prizes or something like that I will donate a pair of Theron Binos to the cause. PM me on what the details are.

Thanks a ton Schmalts.....I'll let you know if there is a need.

Appreciate you making that offer. Very generous!

Sorry to hear about your friend Jim,,, I Hope for a miracle... that is a very tough thing for him and his family...I have been to 2 funerals in the last 6 months...life is so precious .. even though I don't know him I understand the pain... Hope for the best.

Last edited:
Prayers sent to all those affected.

The timing of this post is spot on.

My mother, already a survivor of one bout with breast cancer, received some troubling news today. It's back. We'll find out more in the days to come.

Just wanted to give a quick update. I made it through surgery. I am in a fair bit of pain but the surgery went well. I just wanted to say thanks for all the prayers. The definitely helped.

take care. it's always there in the back of your mind when something hurts for no reason. Glad you're through the surgery, people die in hospitals.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskeyRiver
Back