camp pics

Trent, Sorry to hear of your loss. I wish I was there to help you find him. I did read somewhere not too long ago that if a deer only has one busted lung that it could travel quite a distance. The rain doesn't help any either. Our weekend here was pretty much a wash as well. Reminds me of a joke----What always comes after two days of rain?----------Monday!!
I haven't seen this much sign around my tree stand in several years. Even had a nice big bear track on my trail into stand. I think I will get my bear license in case I can get a crack at him. By the size of track he would make a nice rug. Happy Hunting Guys.

two days of rain

That is not a joke dave that is fact :D seem like every winter when we plan to go to the camp it snow like hell and all week it be nice.Today about 2pm the sky open up and at 3 i was heading home to get ready for a evening hunt. sat there 3 & a half hours and seen nothing. on my way out I notice something I missed when coming in (Since I was in a hurry) There was a scrape on the ground that was not there the other day so that got me pump back up. Funnt how it gets dark where i'm at but 40 yards from the stand and i'm in the clear and it is still light. Any ways on my way back to the house when I hit the field and was at the end of it close to the house I look up and there was two flares going down the road and heading along the tree line back up into the oppsit side where I came out at.Well they change there mind here as well as they do back home guys.was going to be raining til thursday now it seems to be nice right up til thursday.I can not take any more then a couple days off here and the rest is for my trip (WELL OVER DUE) back home. Well I'm off to get dinner have a good one guys.

you have to love hunting

I was out again after work this evening with my archery instructor again and I got to my spot and watched him go out of site across the next field(I have to remember to take a picture of the area next time). I get my stool set up get out my ratteling horns, calls, and all the other junk you may want to have but never end up using. I sit for about 2 min and I see deer coming out in the next field that my buddy just went through. I get out the field glasses and see horns on both, one is a spike horn the other at least a 6 pointer. Only one problem then are staying over there. I decide to still hunt of stalk whatever you want to call it. So out of my seat I go putting hills, trees and mounds of dirt between me and the deer. I get across my field and start up the hill in the next field were the deer are. I sneek up behind this mound of dirt trying to stay low enough to stay hid and the wind is working in my favor and coving my noise. All of a sudden the wind stops and as I look up I notice "BUSTED". The spike is looking at me but does not know what I am. He never lifts the tail and he looks away so I kneel down. :confused: He begins to snort at me and does it about 7 times before stoping. I again try to move closer than the 50 yards that I am now away from the deer and again I can not stay low enogh and get "BUSTED" again. He snorts again and walks off as if he is just anoyed but not scared.
I head back to my seat and sit down kicking myself for not staying lower(not that I could) and then I notice off to my right through the fir tree somthing is out in the close field eating. 3 does. I watch them untill then decide to leave and I look across from me in another section of the far field and here comes another deer but I could not make out doe or buck. My buddy returns and says he saw nothing at all that night so I proceed to tell him that I saw six, 3 does, 2 bucks and an onknown as to what sex it was but it was a deer.
He says he is not leaving my side tommorow night.
Again I say What a night.

Didn't see any deer tonight but I did almost freeze my a....... :eek: UUUMMMM :confused: Errrrrrrrr :rolleyes: :p rearend off tonight. :D

Here are a few pics of were I have been hunting lately.

Attachments

• 100_2142.jpg
    100_2142.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 100_2145.jpg
    100_2145.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 100_2144.jpg
    100_2144.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 100_2143.jpg
    100_2143.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 107
big fat zero

That is what I seen tonight as far as deer activey, lots of squirrel running around but nothing else. I feel that the deer are going threw in the morning there.I put two mock scraps on both sides of me yesturday and there was deer tracks in the middle of them. If you guys have never try that then give it a try bruce,ben, dave. I do it all the time I take a branch( no sent that way) and scrape the ground big enought that it gets the attention of any deer traveling by. Specially with your set up bruce in those fields. scrape the edge of the field and try to do it under a tree that the branches are hanging over.I'm going to take it easy for a few days. Swore last year that I would not over do it and burn my self out so soon and have not much left in me by the time I come home to hunt.So tomorrow I will spend time winterizing the truck with oil/filter/coolant etc.Nice picture bruce keep them coming and hope to here from you guys tomorrow.Next time I go out and there are tracks in my scrape then I will get a pic of it and allso take a pic of the real scrape as well.I herd a few crows today that was in the direction that my deer went and they sounded about another 80 yardsfarther then where I search. Well time for me to get going for the night. later guys.

Hey Guys Nice To See You Have Some Activity There Bruce.me And My Buddy Went Tonight,as We Were Walking Down The Field I Spot A Doe Feeding At 200 Yards.my Buddy Has A Doe Tag Wind In Our Face Perfect Stock.we Move In To 70 Yards Behind Trees.she Spotd
S Us,but Doesent Know What We Are,she Starts Feeding Again Then .bam.the Wind Shifts.busted.off She Goes.so My Buddy Goes Her Dirrection And I Go Check Another Field .he Circles Arroundand Comes To The Edge Of The Next Field.in Front Of Him There She Is 15 Feet Away Feedinghe Didnt Have The Heart To Shoot Her.he Let Out A Few Grunts She Comes Closer,he Said He Was At Half Draw And Had To Point The Arrow Downwards Cause He Could Have Touched Her With His Arrow.hard To Believe But I Know He Wouldnt Lie.theres A Big Buck Hanging Arround So I Will Try To Set Up To Try To Get A Shot At Him.later All.

still learning,

Pretty country you hunt :)

The worst day hunting always beats the best day at work. :D

Nice pics and enjoyable reading,

Shaky :)

Ben are there any signs of the rut starting down your way yet? I have not seen any here but the cool weather shore has arrived. I can't get out till tommow niight again and taking friday off I hope to go out.

I taking care of things here tonight. just got off the phone with the border and every thing there seems to be the same as last year.I change my oil and clean my truck up some what.Right now it is windy then hell , but what's new.I need to pick up on some things as well. Some with that all said I will get off here and wait for better half to get home and see if she wants to got out, later.

Hey Guys,went To Sight In The Riffle Tonight,i Set It Up With Reloads I Can Cover The 3 Shot Group With A Dime So If I Miss I Canot Blame The Gun.i Seem To Be Coming Down With The Flu :( I Got Cold Monday Night And I Think That Gave Me In.as For Scrapes Bruce They Have Started Down Here,i Have Already Found A Few And I Found A Few Rubs Also.hey Shaky Thanks For Joining In,dave You Do Any Bird Hunting ?trent ,you Gonna Bag One Of Them Deer?catch You Guys Later

OK I have a dumb question.......
Where did the term "Bag a deer" come from?
Is it because people used to butcher their own deer and put it in bags for the freezer?

Just thought I would ask

You got me there, Bruce. I know we will use it jokingly, in a redneck sort of way. 'Gonna go out and bag me a deer!'. Good for a laugh at the deer camp when everybody is in a cheerful mood.
Your right Ben, it is time to site in 'old betsy'. I usually do it next week, during season so that I can take it to a nearby sand pit. I am not sure what a ranger would do this week. There is a shooting range nearby, I'm sure if I took it there, there would be no problems.
Haven't done much serious bird hunting, went to a spot that I had found when I was fishing in the spring. A place called 'Three Tree Creek', neat eh. Trent, I am sure you will know the place I was in. But anyway, Lots of apples trees, alders, thorn plums, pretty much a jungle. Lots of deer and bear sign, I put up a few woodcock, and one bird. The place is pretty thick and hard to hunt. The apples and thorn-plums are just about gone and I believe this spot is frequented by other locals as well. It would be a likely spot for an archery setup early in the season.
This evening I am going down to check my camera, so I should be able to post some new photos, I know the apples are gone as my father had made a trip in to check. The only thing I hope is that the camera was working as planned.
Have a good day guys!

Got my camera today, had several pictures. I have attached a couple photos one from the 15th and the second from the 18th. I am not sure if its the same deer or not. One of the deer has nubs, although I don't believe it is this years deer, I think it could be a mutated doe.
The other two photos are one of my tree stand ( center dark spot--above ladder) and the other photo is looking from my tree stand. Last year I had shot a 6 point coming in the lane, right side from the apples.
I'm getting excited about hunting. Looking forward to a good year.
Good Hunting Guys.

Attachments

• MVC-528S.JPG
    MVC-528S.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 93
  • MVC-526S.JPG
    MVC-526S.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 100-0022.JPG
    100-0022.JPG
    683.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 100-0011.JPG
    100-0011.JPG
    699.2 KB · Views: 100
Nice photos moose.

Well 3 more does tonight and we walked right across the end of the field. The does never even looked up just kept on eating and let us pass. You have to love it. Even seeing these does can make for a great night. :D

Morning guys, I was out lst night and had a 4 point close but he didn't comitte as close as I want him.But I tell you one thing dave later today or tomorrow I will post a couple pics of turkey I got on tape last night. I'm just posting a couple tho, if I post a photo for ever turkey I seem last night we be on page 40 some.You would of been in turkey heaven last night dave, I lost track of counting after 60. Well got to go now not feeling that well latter guys.

I'm on my way down Trent, ha,ha!! Why don't you ' bag me a bird' ? You can always get a deer later. You can do it! You know you want to!
Looking forward to the photos. Talk later.

here you go

Here are the turkey guys and there was 60 plus in that field at one time. I suppose you want me to bring the video of this dave ? I know you can hear alot of clucking going on.any ways the wife said she like to go out tonight and show me how it is done.I'm afraid she might prove it but I don't care at least she making a efford to go out with me tonight and try to take her first doe/buck.wish us luck tonight guys and hopefully by the time she gets home in another 3 hours I will feel alot better and be more mobel then now .

Attachments

• Picture 144.jpg
    Picture 144.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Picture 145.jpg
    Picture 145.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Picture 148.jpg
    Picture 148.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 89

Forum statistics

Threads