camp pics

Ha, Ha Still, you been watching those pros too much. They have their rods and tackle paid for them, so its okay if they step on them and bust them up. But you would find it a real pain in the ass to have them in the boat. Keep most of your rods at camp in case you wish to use, but I suggest 2 rods ( 1--long cast open/closed for crankbaits/topwater and 1-- bait open/closed for soft baits ie. worm/grub/lizard), remember I will have a good supply of soft baits so unless a friend tells you that you just gotta try one of their suggestions, then get it and give it a try. But for your first blast at these fish, don't go out and spend alot of money on tackle because trust me I know, there just isn't enough hours in the day to try everything in the tackle box. Find something that you are confident that works then you can stock up on it later. On the fly rod, I would suggest you do bring it along as it can be very fun at times. I have found that muddler minnows give me the best action. Boys, I'm getting all pumped up and its not even spring yet. Still, there is no problem for you to come and go whenever you wish. Hopefully the weather makes for good fishing and our arms will be too sore to work on Monday. I am not sure if I mentioned where we are going? It is Oromocto Lake. Are you familiar with this lake Still? The Tweedside side is quite populated (camps/homes) but the Tracy side is very unpopulated (2 camps). The lake is very popular for landlocked salmon early in the season. Lake is very large but very dangerous with rocks, perfect for bass. Keep the questions coming if you have any.
Sorry there was no trapping results from the weekend, my mother-in-law was put in the ICU (hospital) on Friday and I spent most of the time in there.
Talk to you guys later. DS

Well guys if you get to many (If that possible) freeze them and I will surely take them off your hands in november when hunting season comes about. I like running threw the brooks for trout, getting to see nature at the same time deep into the wild bush. I think the wife just drove in so I will go . It being her b-day today and all so she needs her b-day spanking :rolleyes: later :D

:eek:
Holy crap I am getting pumped about this trip now. :p I have fished bass before and love them. I have about $500 worth of crap that I don't use most of so I will by tackle box along. :rolleyes:
I do know Oromocto lack and have fished it many years ago with a gentlemen from Tracy by the name of Lewis Golden. I did up the drawings for his house after he had it started to please the banks. I used to live on the Lord road right beside him and Donna and they are good folks as far as I can see.
We caught a few fish and put in at the DNR camp ( I think it is a DNR camp).
We only used a canoe but we had fun and I do some of my hunting on the Tweedside side of the lake on about 120 acres of land that another friend has and has graciously let me hunt. Had two nice does come out under my stand last year during bow season but had no tag for them.
Well I should get back to work but man I hope all works out weather wise for the trip. Take care all. :)

Good to hear the responses. Surprised that you Ben have heard of the lake. Also, Still, sounds like you are a little familiar. Most times I use the Tracy side of lake, but sometimes for Land lock I will put in at the Tweedside landing, so I know a little of that side. I would like to build a retirement home on that lake. The camps/homes are a little too close to each other though. I would like my privacy, but with lake frontage. You know that Oromocto Lake is a lake that ice fishing is allowed. If it ever gets safe, I may give it a try. And yes I do know Lewis and Donna. Good folks. Trent, wish Happy Birthday to the little lady for me. Talk to you later.

evening guys I hope your weekend is going great. We are doing find here and as far as the lakes here bruce there if no ice as you are about to see.We are going out tomorrow morning to see a house that we was peeking into today. But could not see to much so we are going to hook up with the realtor. But we are not sure at this point if it is a good idea or not. guess the inside will tell. I took a drive today where I use to hunt on state land and to see if I could track down some turkeys. Since it's been awhile and I have not seen one for some time I thought I go out. So here is a few pics I got while I was out today, injoy guys and have a good one.

lake pics and small streams

pictures of the stream that was along the road

Attachments

• Picture 262.jpg
    Picture 262.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Picture 259.jpg
    Picture 259.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Picture 260.jpg
    Picture 260.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Picture 261.jpg
    Picture 261.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 64
and allso I found afew birds as well

field pics of turkey that are about a mile from state land.

Attachments

• Picture 254.jpg
    Picture 254.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Picture 255.jpg
    Picture 255.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Picture 256.jpg
    Picture 256.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 63
for got one

for got the lake daaaaaa :eek:

Attachments

• Picture 264.jpg
    Picture 264.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 152
  • Picture 257.jpg
    Picture 257.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 152
  • Picture 263.jpg
    Picture 263.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 159
in joy guys and I hope to hear from you guys soon on the progress on that fishing trip in june. I know I will not be able to make it , but there is allways another time in the future I be able to hook up with you all. Well time to get going and watch a movie with the wife if she is still awake, later.

Afternoon all

Hello everyone , hope that today was a great day there as it was here. I swear it was summer today here and alot of work got done I tell you :rolleyes: I never seen such a screw up winter in my whole life. You could get a tan here today if you wore short's. Some how my truck got wash durning working hours ;) . One thing is that it's got to suck for all that bought new sledges for this winter. Me a four wheeler any day over a sledge. I see that they have Remington .223 and 22-250 at basspro for $429 right now. Think I will go now and visit the wife and swing over there as well.later guys to nice to be inside today.

Shooting Bow

HEY GUYS,STARTED SHOOTING MY BOW AT THE CLUB LAST WEEK AND THIS WEEK,SO FAR I CAN STILL BLAME MY HAND FOR MY POOR SHOOTING ABILITIES :D HOPEFULLY I WILL GET BETTER AS TIME GOES BY.STILL NO SNOW UP HERE,DEER SEEM TO HAVE IT REAL GOOD SO FAR,CATCH YOU GUYS LATER :p

I have wanted to start my kids shooting there bow since they opened it on Christmas but the weather did not permit it. Today was a great day so we went out to have some fun. I did not want to bore them with instructions but to let them shoot and they had a ball and yes my son managed to get a bull from about 5-6 yards out. :D :p :rolleyes: He learns faster than the old man. :eek:

Attachments

• 100_2568.jpg
    100_2568.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 134
  • 100_2573.jpg
    100_2573.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 100_2574.jpg
    100_2574.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 100_2578.jpg
    100_2578.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 100_2579.jpg
    100_2579.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 135
That is great to see the little one's out and shooting. Looks like they had a blast and that is the most inportain thing. Allso looks like your son might have to go out with you this year as back up just incase :D Well it is early here and I need to get out and pick up the paper. Take care and keep those arrows flying straight. Good to hear that your hand is ok ben and that you are shooting as well.Dave hope things are going great at the homestead. Our net work here went down all day yesturday and the wife was not to happy since she has online courses to do. She be happy to know they actually do work on weekends and fixed it for a change. Guess the net work is more inportain then the tv cable :) well later guys.

Hi Guys.
Still--Thats great to see the kids interested in something but TV and games.
Trent--How's the weather down there. Its raining here.
Ben--Good your hand is healing, 1st thing you know it'll be deer season again.

Posting a couple photos of coyote neighbour got yesterday. I didn't get out last weekend when the neighbour got 2 others. His total for season so far is 13. Hopefully he will break that unlucky number. It is strange to see how smart coyotes become over the season. They seem to know where the snares are and veer off trails prior to snare. They tend not to use trails now and push their way through thickets. You have to keep setting new snares on the mini trails that they are making to try to out 'fox' them, so to speak.
Its a great year for travelling in the woods and yesterday was perfect. Trees were a little wet in morning but temperature was perfect. The open roads started to soften up latter in the day and I bet they are miserable today with the rain and all. Talk to you all latter.

Attachments

• MVC-702S.JPG
    MVC-702S.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 135
  • MVC-703S.JPG
    MVC-703S.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 131
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member