Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

camp pics

knotty pine boards for the lid upstairs. Now I need to get it all topcoated with a waterborn clear semi gloss. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I installed knotty blue pine boards for wainscot and ceiling without any topcoat finish and they have aged well. Unless you have moisture concerns, you may not need to topcoat the lid.

Stove & Bunks.JPG

Nice place Arrow, I could hang my hat there. The rest of the cabin is unfinished also. And I really like the yellowing of the pine. Thinking that with the topcoat that I like that look but mostly to protect everything the best way that I think I can. And it's easy to wipe it down. Kinda way I want to sand the walls to take the rougher areas off. Not sand smooth.
Kinda thinking I'd like to leave the outside of the cabin darker to blend in. But that would leave the logs exposed, not good. Probably pressure wash, log oil n chink. Drink a shot of whiskey n maybe a good cigar

I want one if those tents. mtmuley

they are fairly nice, this one is on it's 4th season this year
sometimes hard to get super tight by yourself, but have never had a problem with them in the wind etc
do need better (longer or better biting) stakes than the ones that come with it for the awnng in Montana plains type wind - I went to using "earth anchors" from my trapping supplies for the two stakes for the awning - wind isn't pulling them things out of the ground, though retrieving at move time is a pain

one day I may get a smaller one, but sure is nice having the room even when by yourself

I really enjoyed my elk camp last year! I used a Clark 4 seasons jungle hammock, under quilt and a light weight bag. I had to keep my bag unzipped to keep from roasting to death!

I got pretty lucky in the area I chose to setup camp. There were fresh ripe raspberries and strawberries everywhere! I had to tell myself to slow down and eat them in moderation.
PXL_20210910_211754533.jpg
PXL_20210910_211758281.jpg
I had fresh water from a spring not more than 200 yards from camp. Camp was set right around 10,800 feet.
PXL_20210910_225154548.MP.jpg

What was even better were all the elk! I only ever bumped into one other hunter, he was from Michigan, heck of a nice guy! He and his crew ended up filling a cow tag and a buck tag in the same drainage I was camped.

Attachments

• PXL_20210910_225154548.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210910_225154548.MP.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 5
1st camp set up in a number of years. Usually I staying on a farm/farms with a friend. I got a decent farm now to take care of. No homes just just an old tobacco farm

Attachments

• 20220423_201303.jpg
    20220423_201303.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 11
Back