Caribou Gear Tarp

camp pics

The washes all eventually run to the river but can be many miles from any road or two track. If you choose to walk miles of flat ground between them, good for you, just curious how you get to the starting point. I’m used to driving to trailheads. Most of my AZ hunting was around AG so yep, no experience but I know way more deer on the AZ side. If 2 miles up a wash (4 miles round trip) is road hunting then I’m good with you calling it that. After all I’m kind of old. Best to you in the New Year...
Az. is anything but flat.I also drive to my hunting area.Don't have the "Trailheads" per say as in other states.
Good Luck to You in the coming year.Quail hunting today-runs till' Feb.9th,2020 🔥

I ended living in my Davis tent for over five months last spring through October and was completely impressed with their quality of tents. It rained about 35 inches in the area I lived at and never had any mildew/mold problems. Anyone looking for a good tent I would highly recommend them. This picture is from early October. I did keep a separate heavy tarp rain fly on it. Mid summer picture with a wood floor.C09334DE-CFB6-4FC1-A637-E1FFCE693E99.jpeg778AB163-B4DB-4C5E-8853-1A82C9227122.jpeg

Last edited:
I ended living in my Davis tent for over five months last spring through October and was completely impressed with their quality of tents. It rained about 35 inches in the area I lived at and never had any mildew/mold problems. Anyone looking for a good tent I would highly recommend them. This picture is from early October. I did keep a separate heavy tarp rain fly on it. Mid summer picture with a wood floor.
I love my Davis Tent. Kyle and everyone there has been a wealth of information too. I have both an internal frame with the vestibule and traditional pole kit for it.

I love my Davis Tent. Kyle and everyone there has been a wealth of information too. I have both an internal frame with the vestibule and traditional pole kit for it.
I tried building a pole kit from cut Lodgepole but it was too heavy for one person to get up. Does Davis have instructions on building a wood pole kit? Thanks for the help. Preston

I tried building a pole kit from cut Lodgepole but it was too heavy for one person to get up. Does Davis have instructions on building a wood pole kit? Thanks for the help. Preston
Just give them a call up in Denver. Good chance you will get one of the brothers (Kyle?) but all the guys that answer the phone are very knowledgeable. They will take the time to help you out and answer any questions you have. They are all hunters...
When my tent was new, I messed up the stove jack because of a misdirection during set-up. I called them between hunts and they advised me to finish out the season then call them back. They paid shipping from Montana to Denver, made the repairs and shipped back, no charge. Great folks...

Sans bivy sack
yJySVuk.jpg

29TG43J.jpg

Ice camp
EHzTPr7.jpg

NEcqGcl.jpg

Rounding out my shelter options to with my first base camp tent that can keep us warm next WY late season (Kodiak flexbow 10x14). Tested it out with some spring horse camping where we saw 2 small cow elk herds in CA for the first time, as well as a bald eagle and numerous other wildlife, not to mention the billion or two stars. Felt kind of guilty being in such a large, luxurious tent after a small net tent and tarp which is my norm, but at 49 think I'll be able to adjust when hunting out of a base camp.

IMG_5545.jpeg

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back