Yeti GOBOX Collection

Camp dishes and traditions

Scott85

What’s one meal or dish that deer or elk camp wouldn’t be complete without? Any recipes that have been handed down that you are continuing? Post pictures if you got them!!!

I don’t do much truck camping but my pack wouldn’t be complete without biscuits and gravy.

@wllm1313 beef stroganoff is hands down the best. Add a little chili pepper and it’s magic. And I totally agree with its pipe blocking capabilities and it’s contribution to added hunt time.
I always bring tortillas, peanut butter, and honey. Put it all together and boom, a delicious Mexican Abba Zaba - at least that’s what we call it hahah

My main hunting buddy and I have a traditional first meal. Regardless of if we plan on truck camping all week or backpacking eating Mtn house our first nights meal is steak (either ribeye or T bone) baked potatoes and maybe some asparagus or squash something that can be cooked in foil with butter. Except once in Wyoming when we set our steaks out to thaw and came back to find them over a 100 yards away chewed to pieces looked like the work of a large bird.

Deer camp in Pennsylvania these were a staple every year and still are to this day. Grandma's chili and cornbread, Grandma's sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies, and aunt Janet's chicken corn soup and snickerdoodles.

Every night starts somewhere

I’ve done pulled pork a number of times in camp. I make it at home beforehand and then just heat it in a pot with a little bit of water to add some moisture back
Do the same. BBQ sandwiches, add some peppers and wraps for a Burrito.

Back