camo patterns?

174in

Can someone tell me what a good camo pattern for antelope would be in eastern wyoming?

Can someone tell me what a good camo pattern for antelope would be in eastern wyoming?

I would try to look like a cow. Lots of those in eastern Wyoming.

You archery or rifle hunting? If rifle, it really doesn't matter. If archery hunting, well I am not sure that it matters then, either.

You archery or rifle hunting? If rifle, it really doesn't matter. If archery hunting, well I am not sure that it matters then, either.

+1.

The best camo pattern is like the best gun,truck,optics,etc.....arguement. You'll get a bunch of different opinions, none of them wrong.

If archery hunting I prefer the Real Tree Max1 pattern, followed closely the Predator/ASAT type patterns.

I live in Laramie,Wy and i always use Kings desert shadow and it works really well for goats they have great vision. i bow hunt them and good camo is a must (if you are hunting public land they are really skidish.)

I haven't got to hunt antelope yet, but I always thought the Marpat digital camo issued to me by the Marine Corps matched up well with the areas where I've seen goats while deer hunting in MT.

I live in Laramie,Wy and i always use Kings desert shadow and it works really well for goats they have great vision. i bow hunt them and good camo is a must (if you are hunting public land they are really skidish.)

For the record mhungerford is clueless. He buys whatever is on sale. Also for the record so do I...:D...The Kings camo he mentions has done real well down here but like many of the posts say there probably isn't a right anwser. What I have been finding though is to stay away from patterns with the larger branches and things on them. I think things like digital camo or the Sitka patterns would work real well out here. Practice good stalking and you'll be fine.

Best camo is to look like a 14-year old beat up Dodge flatbed 1-ton that looks like the local rancher's rig. You will be able to drive up on them if they think you are the rancher.

Something like this.....
dodge-720832.JPG

Last edited:
I would try to look like a cow. Lots of those in eastern Wyoming.

A cow??? I`m planning on going as well. I have a relitives that might work but I really don`t want to take her. Should I stand behind her and sneak up on a buck? Will her wheezing hurt my chances at getting close? It sounds nothing like a "moo"! Will she need a license if she goes? Will her smoking a Malboro light while crawling hurt?

She does have a Dodge flatbed...this just might work!

This just throws a twist in the planning stages!

Now thats funny!!!Hey, if she works out well for you would she be available to lease for my hunt?
On a serious note,I'd buy a moo cow decoy and either stalk behind it or set up at a crawl under and wait behind it.The blind hunting at waterholes on public ground last year was worthless.The antelope were too skitish to commit.I got my shot by putting up camo burlap on a barbwire fence at a crawl under.find a good crawl under and hunt it.Works better then waterholes IMO.Instead of burlap, this year I'l put up a moo cow decoy to sit behind.If they decide to use a different crawl under, I can slowly move towards them behind the decoy.Spend a day watching which crawl unders they prefer, then set up on them.Your camo choice won't matter behind the decoy

Ok looks like its going to be the camo I have now and a moo cow decoy from montana.Thanks

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back