Calving.....Bcat

Wolfer

Hey Bcat ...your fixen to start calving I here. What is your predation Average durin calving season and whats is your yearly Average? Do you bring in WS during calving season?

------------------
If there isn't any dogs in heaven .....IAINT GOIN

Here's a question? What in the heck is WS? I've heard that somewhere but don't know.
confused.gif

------------------
Live to Hunt-Terry aka Coydog.
coyote4.gif

Wolfer-We wuse the state trappers down here on some years. We had one killing calves last year and I couldnt ever catch it or get a shot at it and the State Trapper came in and supposedly caught it. It was a female that was three legged. The coyotes have moved back in due to everyone starting to calve and I ran two of em down yesterday with snomachine, but only got one. Down here its SOS every coyote ya see, because well .....they expect it!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Wolfer to answer your question, last year was the first year we ever had to call in the state trapper to help us out. He caught a dozen or so coyotes I guess while he was here, and my moms dog once!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
It varies from year to year on the losses but usually a few each year. Terry I hope that answers your question. I dont know what WS is but I assume its the same outfit. bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

http://www.huntandlodge.com/Boykin/outfitter.html
www.huntandlodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

[This message has been edited by bcat (edited 02-17-2001).]

Bcat, I thought it was pro trappers. heard it somewhere before. Thanks and good luck a calvin.
smile.gif

------------------
Live to Hunt-Terry aka Coydog.
coyote4.gif

Hey Bcat,
WS= wildlife services better known as ADC or goverment trappers and hunters
was kinda curious to the numbers it seems I run into a bunch of Cattle ranchers that dont use them because they think that they are only for the sheep ranchers.If ya get in a bind this year give me a call.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Wolfer (edited 02-19-2001).]

Wolfer-We will call ya if it gets bad!!! I dont have much faith in the gov trappers, but we pay dearly for every calf we ship in the brand inspection. They take out I think a dollar a head for everything ya ship out for predator control, and so last year I figured we would use up some of the money we have put into the thing for years. He caught my moms dog TWICE and that didnt go over too good!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I kept my dogs tied up!! I heard em howling all over last night all thru the night when I was checking cows so I know they are back for calving season. They had left the country totally a couple weeks ago.bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

Boykin's Hunting Homepage
HuntAndLodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

Hey Bcat,
Its Full tilt predator Now Man I just pulled the last shift of my real Job ..Give a yell if ya need a hand.....Shecat I havent forgot your Hunt I Have Been busy and I and the other guy can't seem to be home at the same time, But as soon as I get ahold of him we'll set it up.

------------------

Wolfer,
No problem, we have been running around 24-7 calving right now like a couple of crazy people. I am sure bcat will be hollering soon as the grass starts greening up. We have a few starting to come in closer already but so far only at night. I have been hearing them on the 2:00 am check pretty regularly. now. Thanks again. sheCAt

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back